CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: DRAGO BLUDVIST

Muiredach left Runa's room, fully intending to stay alone as he walked by Melody's door when it opened and she was as surprised to find him standing there as he was to find her there looking at him.

[MELODY]

Melody glanced up when he left hesitating if she should ask him to stay. She didn't want to be alone so she regretted it after he left. She had barely eaten as she was trying to figure out what she wanted. Her eyes widened slightly when she saw him. "..I..I..ehm..can..can you.." she didn't get her words out right as she just showed him to come back inside.

[GEM]

He raised his brows as he waited for her to finish that sentence but when she didn't, he looked as if he was holding back a smirk, his eyes being the part that gave it away. He just moved past her and back into the room, expecting her to say something to him from the way she was stammering. "What can I do for you, Melody?" he asked politely.

[MELODY]

Melody avoided eye contact as she closed the door behind her. "..I don't..want to be a-alone.." she said then honestly as she glanced up at him. "..can you...stay here?"

[GEM]

She couldn't really read him well... (ever). But his eyes remained soft and he looked down for a moment before he gave her a look that was almost a smirk. "Well... since Runa claimed the other room... I suppose I don't have much of a choice, do I?" he tilted his head to the side just a twinge when he added that last part.

[MELODY]

A small smile appeared on her face as she nodded. She walked over to the bed giving him a blanket from it. "..w-where will you sleep?" She asked him not wanting him to sleep on the ground.

[GEM]

"Don't worry about me. Just get some rest, little doe," he said as he walked over to the window that was to the left of the fireplace, gazing out of it with vigilance, not yet sitting down to rest.

Dec 3, 2023, 3:24 AM

[MELODY]

"..p-please go to sleep.." she said to him as she sat down on the bed covering herself in the blankets left on it. "..y-you need rest too."

Dec 3, 2023, 9:01 AM

[GEM]

He knew he needed to rest. But he was still on edge from all of the news they had received. He wasn't sure he would be able to sleep. Not that he was used to sleeping well anyway, given the nightmares he often had. He didn't reply for a second as he looked up at the moon that peeked out at them from behind the clouds...

"You first..." is all he said, stubbornly (and almost playfully), without looking at her.

[MELODY]

Melody sighed in defeat and annoyance as she laid down on the bed staring at the ceiling before she glanced over at him again. "...At least take off that stupid uncomfortable armor..." she said to him in almost a scolding tone.

[GEM]

He rolled his eyes and looked at her. "Very well, If I remove it will you finally go to sleep and leave me alone?" he said like she was a stubborn child.

[MELODY]

"..m-maybe.." Melody said as a small smile reappeared on her face. She clearly was cheering up slightly by teasing him. "W-what's the fun in leaving you alone?" She said before she looked away and turned with her back to him as she closed her eyes.