CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE ARTIFACT

[MELODY]

Moira hesitated when it didn't seem to attack first but reacting to her pulling her weapon out.

[GEM]

It seemed to wait for her to make the first move as well. Was it mocking her?

[MELODY]

Moira carefully walked closer turning her dirk with the sharp tip backwards as she held onto the dirk's handle tightly watching it carefully.

[GEM]

The phantom mirrored her steps but in the opposite direction, tilting its head to the side as it observed her careful behavior.

The shadow figure was tall and by its movements it seemed male. But she got an overwhelming sense of danger from him as if those voices were screaming a warning at her to attack before it was too late, her eyes glancing down to see the careful movements of the fingers on the axe as if ready to strike her down with any sudden move.

Her heart was pounding as she seemingly unconsciously anticipated an attack, ready to move if the phantom did.

Nov 17, 2023, 4:01 PM

[MELODY]

Moira watched it planning her next move very carefully as she wondered if it would disappear like the others when you attacked. But something about this one was different. She tightened her grip on her dirk as she moved quickly forward ready to stab it.

Nov 17, 2023, 5:28 PM

[GEM]

It's reflexes were fast and her blade met his axe, the phantom pulling out another axe with its offhand, swinging it in an attempt to slice her in the throat.

Nov 18, 2023, 3:24 AM

[MELODY]

Moira was surprised by that and barely dodged it as she fell to the floor and tried to quickly get up again. Something about the way he was fighting was familiar..

Nov 18, 2023, 6:18 PM

[GEM]

The phantom tried to kick her right in the left collarbone when she did this.

Nov 19, 2023, 1:55 AM

[MELODY]

Moira fell back when it hit her. Groaning in pain as she did but getting up quickly trying not to let the pain distract her. She then came at it again making it think she attacked but slit under it and cut its knees from behind.

Nov 19, 2023, 11:32 AM

[GEM]

The ghost did an athletic maneuver out of the way to avoid being sliced, turning to face her again as it twirled its axe in hand skillfully.

[MELODY]

Moira blocked it's next attack but fell back because of it losing jet balance. She had to be quicker and think fast to beat it.

[GEM]

It tried to strike down to finish her with an axe to her face.

[MELODY]

Moira barely managed to block it again trying her best to think of a way to get it out of balance. When it was busy with the axe to her head she quickly used all of her strength at that moment to push it back before moving quickly kicking it against its legs to get it out of balance.

Nov 19, 2023, 2:32 PM

[GEM]

Her opponent was fast and swift, fighting with immense skill. He did a tumble dive to the left to dodge her kick and tried to slice her legs with one of his axes.