CHAPTER TEN: A BLOODLESS BOND

Thunk.

Moira looked at the spear she just threw into her target, watching it fall as the tip wasn't quite stuck in.

Uriah was reading a book in the tree beside her, reclined on a thick branch. He didn't even look up when he said, "You're doing that wrong."

[MELODY]

"Haud yer wheesht!"(be quiet!) Moira glared up at him before sighing frustrated. "...I just started ye know.." she mumbled as she pulled the spear out of the target. "Then come down and show me..know-it-all.." Ikatere was watching her as well as he laid underneath the tree Uriah was in. He lifted and tilted his head slightly as he looked at her confused by her reaction.

Sep 22, 2023, 4:43 PM

[GEM]

He turned the page of his book idly, not looking at her. "Hm... nah," he said plainly, trying his best not to smile as he just pretended not to care.

Sep 23, 2023, 2:36 AM

[MELODY]

Moira tried her best to keep the intrusive thought out of her mind to throw it his way. She just took a deep breath before she went to stand at the spot she threw from. "..fine..." She said trying to sound like she didn't care either now before made sure she got her posture right before throwing again.

Sep 23, 2023, 12:26 PM

[GEM]

He tried not to grin with amusement at her reply as he continued to read.

The spear missed the target entirely now that she was putting too much pressure on herself and she glared at the target as if it was mocking her.

Uriah snuck a glance to see this and sighed. "Alright, I'll show you," he said as if it was a huge inconvenience and hopped down from the tree.

Sep 23, 2023, 3:25 PM

[MELODY]

"..oh so now ye want to?" Moira sighed frustrated as she went to pick up the spear again. "I don't want to bother ye.." she glanced over at him as she walked back with the spear. She held it out to him so he could grab it.

[GEM]

"Well you're just so bad I couldn't watch anymore," he joked, smirking at her when he took the spear.

Sep 23, 2023, 4:05 PM

[MELODY]

Moira rolled with her eyes but couldn't help but smile slightly. "..well show me then..know-it-all.." she said to him as she sticked her tongue out to him in a playful way. She would lie if she wasn't frustrated but she could take the teasing from him.

Sep 23, 2023, 6:29 PM

[GEM]

"Well aren't you demanding? I think I'd like a 'please'," he told her with a playful frown, sticking the tip of the spear into the ground as he folded his arms and rested them atop the shaft to lean towards her.

Sep 24, 2023, 2:34 AM

[MELODY]

"Oh look who is demanding now.." moira said to him in a playful mood now as well. "Please show me ye Gallus.." (over-confident) she gave him a playful nudge.

Sep 24, 2023, 2:57 AM

[GEM]

"Certainly, bean bearránach," he replied before picking up the spear once again. (annoying/tiresome woman)