CHAPTER SEVEN: THE PRINCE

Training was going on everywhere on the island. As Hiccup gazed out at the activity, he felt like they had fallen backwards in time. The only thing that soothed his mind was seeing people that trained on their dragons, working together to prepare for a fight. Still, his people were in grave danger. He could feel it.

His eyes fell to a twelve year old boy who was listening to an instructor as he pulled back the bowstring of his weapon and shot an arrow at the target, not enough power in his muscles as the arrow instead buried into the ground below it.

Astrid came up to him as she squinted from the sunlight. "You okay?" she asked but she knew the answer already.

[GEM]

"...There has to be some way we can avoid this, Astrid."

She looked at him with sympathy, agreeing with him but not yet speaking.

"Some way that we can stop this before it comes to a war on Berk. I can't see all of our people die just because of some lunatic wanting to conquer the Earth."

She put her hand on his back between his leather shoulder guards that he wore over his tunic. "Our people are strong, Hiccup. We've survived far more deadly foes than one fake god and his army of zealots," she pointed out. "We'll get through this just as we always have."

He didn't say anything back but his mind was deep in contemplation and worry for what was to come.

"Come on, lets get over to the dragon training. Gobber could use our help." she told him as her hand dropped to take his and she gave him a peck on the cheek before they walked away from the weapons training.

"Alright, that's enough—back to your training. What, you've never seen a sparring match before?" Bjorn said as he interrupted the commotion around Moira.

[GEM]

People began to dispurse then as they followed his orders, gradually leaving her alone there again as Greenhood said to the people, "Hey you want to talk to her you can, it will just cost about a coin each!" and Arne shoved him.

Uriah remembered something and he approached her again. "I think you have fans," he pointed out as he watched the others return to their training.

[MELODY]

"..I noticed..but I don't like that attention.." the redhead said shrugging with a small smile on her face. "I am nothing special.." she stated so greenhood heard it as well as she gave him a punch against his shoulder. "Instead of trying to rob people ye probably should go back to training yerself."

[GEM]

"Ow," he complained and put his hand on his shoulder. "It's not robbing if it's voluntary," he pointed out with sass but he and Sea Dog excused themselves anyway.

"I don't think they've ever not been a handful," Uriah commented with a sigh but then he looked at her. "Oh, and you're wrong," he told her plainly.

[MELODY]

"Dinnae mind them, they are just eejits.." (they are idiots that means) Moira said as she looked up at him with a smile on her face. She raised her eyebrow when he said that. "I am really not special.." she said again then when he told her that.

[GEM]

"Hm. Denial isn't a good color on you, princess," he said with a playful smile as he picked up his sparring sword and put it on the rack. "But I admire the humility, nonetheless," he added. Then he gestured with his head as he told her, "Come on. I have something for you."