CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: LORD MACDONALD

"Uriah, what are you doing? If you don't down to the springs you won't have any sunlight left to dry your clothes and armor," Astrid said, scolding him like a mother. She was wearing some backup clothes now as they all were, their things washed as Gregor was busy sewing up the holes in various armors and garments.

"I cleaned my face. I'm fine," he said with attitude and she put her hands on her hips in response. "You stink. Go." she told him.

He sighed. "I can't do anything right for you," he said like she was his mother and stuck his axe into the chopping block.

"Make Moira go with you! She's the only other one who hasn't been!" she called after him.

He raised his hand to give a thumbs up as he began walking to where Moira and Fionnlagh were.

The war chief noticed him approaching and nodded to Moira.

[MELODY]

Moira glanced up at him as he did before she noticed Uriah coming towards them. A smile appeared on her face as she saw him. "..weren't ye gathering wood?" She asked him as she sat up straight again.

[GEM]

"I was but I was hereby ordered by the queen to come take you to the springs. Everyone else has already been, apparently," he said with a tiny bit of humor in his tone about Astrid.

[MELODY]

Moira let out a chuckle when he said it like that and nodded. "..well we have to follow her orders right?" She said as she carefully let go of Fionnlagh's hand. "Get some rest..Cailean will stay with ye.." she said as she got up.

[GEM]

"She'll make a great... and scary leader," he replied.

[MELODY]

"Oh Aye..she certainly will.." She replied as she walked away with Uriah to the springs.

[GEM]

"Is he feeling alright?" he asked as they walked through the woods.

[MELODY]

"..he..he will be...just..it's difficult for him." Moira said with a small smile as she looked up at him. "..but I am sure he gets through it..he is one of the strongest men I know.."

[GEM]

"Hm... and who's the strongest man you know?" he asked with his browse raised.

[MELODY]

Moira rolled her eyes as she acted like she was thinking deeply about it. "Mhm..well probably Gregor.." she said just to tease him.

[GEM]

He made a face that said he didn't disagree, nodding. "Alright that's fair. But..." he leaned down and grabbed around her knees, lifting her with one arm and slinging her over his shoulder with ease. "Okay how about now?"

[MELODY]

Moira let out a surprised yelp when he did that. "..w..well...that's something for sure.." she said as she felt her cheeks heat up.

[GEM]

"Am I at least in the top three now?"

[MELODY]

"..you were but this isn't so difficult to do.." She said to him as she wasn't that heavy because of her height.

[GEM]

He began walking with her over his shoulder. "Yeah you're right given how strong I a—oh..." he started to act out of breath and his steps became heavy. "Oh perhaps not... you are such a weight on my shoulders I don't think I can do this anymore," he said like she was incredibly heavy. But she weighed probably as much as a sack of flour.