CHAPTER FOUR: TEMPUS MORA SENDS HIS REGARDS

Uriah and Moira moved through some of the clusters of people to see better and when they could make out the rest of the viewing area for the races, they saw a single chair sitting higher than the others under a shade made of grasses, reminding Uriah of when rulers would sit to view fighting pits and such. But the chair was empty.

[GEM]

"Look here they come!" someone beside them shouted and everyone watched the left corner as a dragon came by so fast that he was hardly seen. But Uriah caught a glimpse of black scales and red war paint.

The crowd cheered as the dragon and rider weaved through the tight space with incredible precision. The large odorous man to the right of Moira had his arms in the air and he nearly hit her every time he jumped and cheered, his dirty sweaty stench filling her nose.

Jul 1, 2023, 2:05 AM

[MELODY]

Since it started to get more crowded that they had to squeeze themselves through the crimson gorecutter had to stay behind. Moira showed him it was okay, she would come back for him later. Ikatere however did manage to squeeze through to stay with the two of them. Although he almost got stepped on and pushed aside. He had to hold in the instinct to use his poison as he knew these were good humans. Moira took a step closer to Uriah when that man did that as far as that was possible clearly a bit annoyed now but she tried to focus on the race happening. Her eyes widen when she also got a glimpse of the black dragon and the rider. How did they manage to go that fast?

[GEM]

Uriah snickered as he watched that happen as well. "No way he's allowed to race," he said as if that rider shouldn't be.

That's when another dragon came by, this one not flying as fast as the last but trying hard to. The scales on this beast were blue like the sky, with a yellow crown of horns and spots on the wings, its rider a female with blonde hair, both she and her dragon sporting orange war paint on them.

More riders were right behind her. Well until one of them wiped out and fell into the sea, the crowd reacting accordingly. But the human that plummeted popped out of the water and yelled at his dragon for messing up the turn, confirming he was alright.

[MELODY]

Moira barely could make out what he said before smiling slightly and nodding. She was however surprised by a woman being allowed to join. In her country women weren't equal to men but here women were treated as equals. She watched the blond rider in amazement. Ikatere suddenly pushed himself between moira and Uriah as he got very nervous from being in this crowd. But with that he pushed moira in the direction of that smelly Viking. "M-my apologies.." Moira said to the man politely as she took a step back again shooting Ikatere a glare.

Jul 1, 2023, 2:49 AM

[GEM]

"You're rather attached, aren't you beast?" Uriah asked Ikatere with slight humor, having to basically shout over the noise.

Since the race was over, there were more cheers and yelling as people shuffled around, most of them going to congratulate the winners.

[MELODY]

Ikatere looked up at him with a low rumble as he stayed at his side ignoring Moira's glare at him. "..he seems to feel safe by ye." Moira said to Uriah needing to shout over everything as well. She wondered where this chief was who Uriah was looking for. She tried to look over the crowd but with her length that was nearly impossible. Certainly the chief would congratulate the winner, right?