CHAPTER ELEVEN: WHAT GOES UP...

[GEM]

Eleven dragons and eleven riders soared across the sea, approaching their target destination as they made good time. The wind was cold and caused their faces to go numb despite not even flying that high. It was something Moira (and even the crew of the Rickety Timbers) wasn't as used to as the riders of Berk were.

Most of the dragons were alright with the distance but Ikatere wasn't used to flying this long with cargo on his back. "We're almost there, beast. Just one more league," Uriah told him above the sound of the wind against his ears.

Most of them were wearing hoods and wraps around their heads to keep the cold out, the lack of sunlight not helping as storm clouds gathered overhead. The sea before them was a dark teal, with sights of icebergs far to the north. Ahead, they could see the dark silhouette of the island as they approached their destination.

Oct 6, 2023, 3:55 AM

[MELODY]

Moira had been quiet the whole flight her mind being deeply buried in her thoughts. She hated that she had to leave her brother like that but she knew this was best. She had looked over to Uriah and Ikatere from time to time noticing Ikatere's struggle. "..must be too cold for him!" She told Uriah as she tried to shout over the sound of the wind. Ikatere had been whimpering for a while now as well as shivering. Moira then turned her gaze back to where they were going. Once her eyes fell on the sight of the island she felt a strange feeling creeping up on her. It seemed the dragons reacted to it as well as they seemed to hesitate.

Oct 6, 2023, 4:56 PM

[GEM]

The closer they got, the more Uriah began to feel weighed down in his soul. Not only was this a dark place but it seemed like something lingered here, like embers after a forest fire...

"Is this right?!" Hiccup asked Astrid who flew at his side.

"What?!" she asked.

"You snore when you sleep!" he said as if repeating what he told her before.

"What?!" she asked again.

He snickered to himself.

The dragons made their descent onto the cliffside of the island, the trees too tall and thick to see the village they were headed for. So as a precaution they decided to hike to avoid the locals thinking they were under attack. Not only that, but it gave the dragons a break as well.

As the feet of their reptiles hit the ground, Gregor's Stormcutter immediately collapsed onto its belly to take a nap.

Arne stumbled off his Grapple Grounder. "Ah! Ow..." he bent over and stretched his legs. "Alright, I don't think having kids is a choice of mine anymore," he said with strain.

[GEM]

"Good," Faelan commented before he was promptly shoved over by Arne.

Oct 7, 2023, 1:59 AM

[MELODY]

Moira watched the others as she let Cailean land who made the whole cliff side shake when he did. She looked up at the trees then. There was something so eerie about this place. She felt immediately like they were being watched. She got off then after freeing herself from the saddle. Ikatere was still shivering once the landed and curled up to keep himself warm enough but also because he was exhausted.