Chapter 14

The last summer before I graduate .I didn't want to see my aunt's family .I was sure they will be happy to not see me too. Alan and I had made plan for a trip but he ditched it last minute and said he wanted to spend the summer with Sophie's family . He said Sophie wanted to introduce him to her extended family. Alan was over the moon. I was angry with him and to show him that I didn't contact him the whole summer he was away. Upon understanding he sent me apologies messages.

To spend the summer away . I signed up to volunteer for Summer camps .I got the massage to volunteer in an orphanage near the end of summer. It was for a week .

As we were getting introduced with the orphanage staff there I saw her . Her smile the lively expression of her face .She looked at me with her beautiful emerald green eyes .She introduced herself to me with looking straight to my eyes " Hi I am Kathryn ".
" Theo " That's all I could get out of my mouth.

The first night of the camp .After finishing the work of setting up the camps and ensuring safety .They gathered all the children. Theo sat far from the crowd . Kathy was there she was narrating stories to everyone. The children were in aw with her story .She captured the attention of all the Children and Theo. Theo find himself listening to her making all kinds of expression .He finds himself smiling at Kathy .

Kathy looks at Theo. Theo looks away. He found himself being a blushing mess.

After that they started serving food to the kids. As they were preparing the plates. Theo came to Kathy.

" Don't mind I  have never heard such a version of Cinderella ".

Kathy smiled " You should have sit with the kids then ".

" Then I would be more amazed then the kids and a joke in their future conversations ".

Kathy let out a giggle " We don't make fun of others in our free time, that's what we are   taught  growing up in this orphanage ".

" You grew up in this orphanage? .I thought you were stuff ".

" I grew up here then I moved in with Mrs. Ruth after her husband died when I was 16 . Then I also started working . She didn't have to pay me much and I don't have to worry about rent  and work as I continue to finish studying".

Theo smiled " Oh ".

" So tell me about yourself a little " Kathy said

Theo's heart fluttered he felt a unknown happiness knowing she asked about him .

" I wanted to volunteer here before I graduate and could become a detective".

" Wow that's impressive A detective . ".

" Mabye you should keep touch with me ,you never know".

Daniel called Kathy " Hey the kids are getting hungry here, Hurry up please ".

Kathy loughs a little and says " The kids will go nuts if I don't go and give them food ".

Theo wishes the ground could eat him alive.  What! what is wrong with him .Haven't he talk to a girl before .His face became red with embarrassment. But he still wants her to stay and talk to him .

In the morning they all had breakfast and they all made paper crafts. Now that is a thing Theo is a expert of . He had learn all kinds of these things to kept himself entertain in his aunt house when he was little.

Theo is very focused and is enjoying himself helping the kids making new crafts. The kids are loving him and his talent. Theo loves it too . He is handling the kids so well on his own.

Kathy looks at him and smiles he looks so cute helping the kids. Theo caught her smiling at him .Kathy blushed and looked away.

Theo comes near her and cough and wait for her to explain now  .

" Umm I have never seen such a version of paper crafts before ".

Theo smiled and said " Do you you how to make a windmill that flows with air  ".

" No ,is it really possible ?".

" With paper anything is ".

Theo started to teach her how to make it as she tries herself Theo takes another paper.

Theo watches Kathy as she makes the windmill. She is so focused, Like a curious child. It made Theo smiled.

" Uh look it's done ".

" Good job ".

Kathy smiled at him .

Theo takes out a Rose  he made out of paper.

" This is a gift for doing such a good job ".

Kathy takes it . She looked at it  for sometime. " Thank you Theo ". Kathy says but .She looked a little different she was happy but there was more to it She looked as if she was grateful to Theo.

Before Theo could ask anything.

The wind made the windmill move. All the kids yelled " Wowwwww, we want to make them toooo ".

Kathy stands up and sits between the children as she starts to help them make one.

Theo looks at her Oh what is happening with him .Why is he getting to attracted to her .Why There is so many girls in his university. So many people tried talking to him over the years. But he  never felt attracted to anyone. No one feels real enough to him .He feels a sense of happiness. And he doesn't want this feeling to go away.

Kathy looks at him too and smiled this time he didn't look away.

Am I allow to melt on something I wrote myself?.

Happy Reading