The Lounge

"OK, so... what do we have to do?" Richard asks, knowing that the objects they have have to go somewhere. "The two dice go where?" JC asked, being on the same wavelength as Richard. "Oh, guys, I found some celery!" Joey says to everyone in the group after finding and opening a fridge.

MatPat: So inside The Carnival Master's journal, we discover a map inside of the room that we're currently standing in. So we start searching the back wall, and behind a corkboard, there's some sort of locked case.

"There's a secret chest or something." MatPat announces, "Wait, the key! The key!" Richard shouted, "That's what the key is for!" "Yes, yes." Ro said as MatPat put the key into the safe. "You guys have the key?" Roi asked before the safe opened, "Yes!" Joey yelled, saying what everyone was thinking.

Roi: We knew that the two dice that we picked up from the clowns had to go in there.

"Does the dice fit in there?" Teala asked even though one had fit, so the other had to. "Yes. 100%" Manny answered, "Put the dice in there." Teala said to Ro. The light over the fridge lit up to say 'on'. "Is there something in there?" Richard asked as he moved to open the fridge. Richard opened the fridge and saw it was a secret door. Everyone shouted and talked as they saw what was inside. 

Rosanna: We open the fridge- boom. Secret passageway, secret door, to, like, our own hidden lounge.

"Holy shit." was all that Richard could say as he ran around like a little kid in a playground. "It's insane." "This is everything. I like this room way more." Joey and Teala said, respectfully, as Richard started laying on the couch. "Hey clowns, I'm living here now!" he shouted to the heavens.

Richard: It was amazing. It was comfy, it was colorful, it was 70s.

Joey: So this room is so magical. It's so beautiful, it's so big.

Roi: I'm thinking, this place is peaceful, but it's too peaceful- where are the clowns?

Safiya: If I were to describe the lounge in four words, it would be "Brady Bunch Sex Dungeon."

Everyone gushed about the room as Mortimer left the lounge and closed the door.

Manny: So we're looking around the room, we're saying, "Okay, what in here looks like it could be helpful to us in any way, shape, or form?" All of a sudden, we see a map. 

"That's the town." Roi said the obvious as Safiya read the top, "Town of Everlock." "So we're here." Joey pointed to the building where the lounge was on the map. MatPat saw some text in a banner on the map.

MatPat: So every time an artifact gets cleansed, more of the map is revealed. Seems like we got to get cleansing some artifacts.

Joey: So immediately, I spot a "Society Against Evil" symbol, because, y'know, we go way back.

Richard: I spot the weird symbol that was on Joey's bag on the map, so I know that's important, tuck that away for later.

Manny: On the back, there's a full, like, summary of what the hell's going on. We're like, "Okay, this is literally, like, premise, middle, end.

Everyone went to sit around the coffee table where the map was put. Nikita started to read.

We were too late. Even with all of our society's knowledge, we didn't understand The Carnival Master's dark plan. To save Everlock, we froze it in time to give us a chance to stop him, but we were no match for his wrath. Realizing all was lost, I used the last of my life magic to encase him in an amber prison. But the spell has reached its end. At sunrise, The Carnival Master will be released from his prison and will consume all life in Everlock. There are 8 corrupted artifacts which The Carnival Master draws power from. If they can be gathered and cleansed of evil, The Carnival Master will be weakened and can be slain. However, the artifacts are protected, and whenever touched, their evil guardian appears. The final act to cleanse each artifact will require voting of two who must undertake a horrifying challenge that only one will survive. By sunrise, if the artifacts have not been cleansed and The Carnival Master slain, everyone in town, including you, will be destroyed.

"Okay, I thought I was gonna save a town, but now we got to save ourselves?" Ro asked. Manny says over Ro continuing saying how they still also have to save the town, "Yes, I mean, hopefully."

Safiya: There are eight artifacts that this Carnival Master draws his power from.

Manny: Each little artifact has a protector, so that means we're gonna have to deal, like, tons of minions.

MatPat: In order to cleanse the artifact, two of us are gonna be put up for elimination, and one of us is gonna die.

Roi: So if you don't figure this out before sunrise, we are all going to die.

Richard: Thanks, clown newspaper and tilty Ferris wheel, the only spoiler I will ever thank.

"I know you said dangerous, but I didn't think you meant DIE!" Richard said to Joey. "I came for puzzles man, I didn't come to-" MatPat stopped himself, trying to gather his words. "I haven't even met these- Calliope's a great person. You're phenomenal, Calliope. Thank you so much, but, like, the rest of these folk- Why should I care?"

Joey: Would you guess anything different? My friends have to die in order to cleanse an artifact. Hmm, where have I seen that before?

Rosanna: So, in order to cleanse this artifact, we've already got the gear, but we have to replace the spring and the song with all new things, and then...

"Okay, here, I'll read mine first." Joey said as he opened an envelope. "The jack needs a pleasant song so he's not so angry all of the time. The clowns have one you can use, but they've taken it to their disco party where they're guarding it. Proper attire is being the yellow couch."

Richard: A disco party, you say? I'm ready. Being a theater boy in high school will get you somewhere.

Nikita began to read the other note, "The spring on the jack has been corrupted with evil and must be replaced. The clowns have hidden it in their giant tent." "Okay, the scary tent." Roi said before Nikita continued, "You have to rip the stuffing out to find it."

Rosanna: To get this done quickly, because we only have until sunrise or else we all die, we split up. Half of us go to the disco, and the other half go to a creepy clown tent.

Disco: Joey, Teala, Nikita, JC, Richard

Tent: MatPat, Ro, Roi, Safiya, Manny