Chapter 12

'I love you. '

The low whisper makes me smile as I roll over and blindly grab at her. 'Hmmm. ' I hum, pulling her body down to mine.

'Roseanne, it's seven thirty. '

'I know. ' I mumble into her neck. 'Sleepy sex. ' I demand, my hand drifting down her thigh until I find what I'm looking for. I grasp her loosely.

'Baby, I'd love to, but when you wake up properly, you're going to fly into panic and leave me halfway finished.' She grabs my hand and pulls it up to her face, kissing my fingers sweetly. 'It's Monday morning. It's seven thirty. I don't want the blame for making you late. '

My eyes open, seeing her wet face suspended over mine. She's had a shower, which means she has been for a run, which means it's late. I bolt upright, and she quickly moves to avoid being head-butted. 'What time is it?'

She smiles fondly. 'It's seven thirty. '

'Lisa!' I jump up and run into the bathroom. 'Why didn't you wake me when you went for a run?' I flick the shower on and turn to the sink, loading my toothbrush with toothpaste.

'I didn't want to disturb you. ' She leans on the doorframe and watches me frantically scrubbing my teeth. She's grinning, no doubt at my little fluster.

'Never... bother... fore. ' I spit around my mouthful of paste.

Her grin widens. 'Pardon?'

I shake my head on an eye roll and return to the mirror, finishing up and rinsing out. 'I said it never bothered you before. Why didn't you drag me out of bed and punish me with fourteen miles?' I'm suspicious, and you can tell.

She shrugs and joins me by the mirror, grabbing her own toothbrush. 'I will if you want me to.'

'No, just wondering. ' I won't push it. I step in the shower and make a quick job of washing my hair and shaving before stepping out and practically running into the walk-in-wardrobe. I stand and stare at the rails and rails of clothes, mostly all with tags still attached. It feels like hard work trying to choose, there's way too much, so I yank down my red shift dress. That'll do.

By the time I've rough dried my hair, haphazardly slapped on my make-up, and landed downstairs, Lisa is all dressed up and collecting her car keys.

'I'll take you,'

'Where's Cathy?' I eye her up. All of her. That's my wife. Do I really need to go work?

She frowns a little. 'I don't know. It's not like her to be late.' Grabbing my hand, she starts leading me from the penthouse. 'You got everything?'

'I have,'

We make our way down to the foyer of Lusso and as we approach the concierge desk, I see Cathy leaning up, chatting with Clive. I grin and look at Lisa, but she ignores me, even though she knows damn well I'm looking at her and probably what I'm thinking, too. 'That would explain. ' I say with a little laugh.

'They're just talking. ' Lisa grumbles, leading on.

'They look very friendly. ' I watch Cathy fidget and giggle as Clive entertains her with words and hand gestures. He looks just as enthralled as Lisa's housekeeper.

She spots us. 'Oh! I was just on my way up!'

'No problem,' Lisa doesn't sound impressed, and she doesn't stop. I, however, would love to hang around and see the developments. My grin widens as I pass, and Cathy and Clive both blush profusely. 'I'm out of peanut butter.' Lisa calls back crossly.