Chapter 14

The familiar sound of whirring and banging wakes me, and knowing where to find her, I take myself down to the gym. I stand on the other side of the glass door and watch her sweat drenched body flexing and rippling as she pounds the treadmill while watching the news on the suspended television. Opening the door quietly, I wander in and take myself around the front of the machine, sitting my naked ass on the weights bench in front of her.

She's running very fast, and when I lean back on my arms, she slams her fist on the slow button, and starts a steady pace down until she's stopped completely. My sleepy eyes are beside themselves, watching as she grabs a towel and runs it over her face. She's a mass of pure, shimmering sweatiness. I could eat her.

I'm being watched very closely as she bends forward and rests her forearms on the front of the machine. 'Morning.' Her eyes run down my front and all the way back up again until she's back at my eyes.

'Morning yourself. Why are you running in here?' I already know the answer to that question, and if I'm going by the tiny, barely noticeable grin on her face, she knows I know the answer to that question, too.

'I fancied a change. '

I throw her a questioning look, but don't bother challenging her on it. If pregnancy stops her from dragging me out of bed at sunrise for a trek around London, then I'm looking more forward to the next eight months. 'I don't remember falling asleep. '

'You went out like a light. I was happy to have you tucked into my side, so I let you be, baby.'

At that comment, I yawn and stretch my arms over my head. 'What time is it?' Just as the words leave my lips, I hear the front door open and shut, and then the cheerful calling of Cathy. If Cathy's here, then it's got to be eight o'clock-ish, and I'm stark naked! I jump up. 'I'm naked!'

Lisa smirks and steps down from the treadmill. 'So you are.' she laughs, walking over to me. 'Whatever will Cathy think?'

I do a quick scan of the gym, looking for a towel or anything to conceal my naked form so I can escape upstairs with my dignity still intact. I laugh to myself. I lost my dignity the morning Cathy walked in on us both naked. My eyes land on the towel in Lisa's hand, and I quickly snatch it from her grasp to flap it out.

'I don't think that'll quite cover it.' she muses smugly.

She's right. It's little more than a face cloth. 'Help me. ' I lift pleading eyes to her and find a soft smile.

'Come here.' She opens her arms, and I walk right into them, lifting myself up in my usual chimp-ish manner. Her damp skin is slippery and smells delicious.

Walking to the gym door, she opens it and sticks her head out. 'Cathy?' she calls.

'Yes, dear?'

'Where are you?'

'In the kitchen.'

With that confirmation, she slips out and takes the stairs quickly. I watch over her shoulder as we rise, praying that Cathy doesn't come to investigate Lisa's questioning. She doesn't. I make it to the safety of the master-suite with my dignity still whole.

'There.' She places me on my feet and drops a kiss on my forehead.

'What time is it?'

'Ten to eight. '

I roll my eyes and point an accusing glare at her. 'Why didn't you wake me?' I walk off to the bathroom.

'You needed to sleep.'