Chapter 21

I could lie here forever, just watching her sleep, the peaceful streams of soft air intermittently reaching my face, reinforcing the deep sense of belonging inside of me. The tender placing of her palm on my tummy is strengthening my love for this woman. And the close perfection of her body is swelling my desire for her touch. There are a million things about my wife that make me despair, but there are endless things that make me adore her. Some of those despairing things I even adore.

Unable to resist, I reach forward and run my thumb down her cheek and onto her parted lips, smiling as she twitches a little, and then sighs and settles again, her hand on my belly unconsciously starting to circle. The flawlessness of her beautiful face will amaze me until the day I die—her soft skin, her long curly lashes... It would take me a lifetime to run through all her stunning features. My devastating woman, in all of her challenging ways.

My wandering hand floats across her face, my fingertip traces the flesh of her throat and my palm skims her chest. I sigh, all dreamy and content as I spend this quiet time exploring her body and face, almost wishing that she could stay like this for an eternity so I can watch her and feel her undisturbed. But then I'd never hear that voice, I would never see those eyes, and I would never experience her trampling or countdowns.

'Have you finished feeling me up?' Her raspy voice drags me from my daydreaming, my hand pausing on her scar. Her eyes remain closed.

'No, just be still and silent. ' I order quietly, carrying on with my fondling.

'Anything you say, baby.'

I grin and lean forward, hovering my lips over hers. 'Good girl,'

Her closed lids flicker and the corners of her mouth are blatantly restraining a smirk. 'What if I want to be a bad girl?' she asks.

'You're talking,' I point out, and one of her eyes opens cheekily. Nothing will prevent me from smiling at that face, no matter how stern and serious I'm attempting to be. 'Morning. '

She moves too fast. I'm on my back and pinned under her body in a nanosecond, my arms held over my head. I don't even have time to register her attack or let out a squeal of shock. 'Someone has sleepy sex on their mind. ' she muses, leaning down to nibble my nose.

'No, I have Lisa Manoban on my mind, which means I also have various degrees of fucking's on my mind. '

Her eyebrows rise slowly, thoughtfully. 'You're insatiable, my beautiful girl. ' She kisses me hard. 'Watch your mouth. '

I quickly return her kiss, but she halts me by pulling away. I scowl. She smiles. It's that smug smile. I scowl harder, but I'm ignored. 'I've been thinking. ' she declares.

My scowl falls away immediately. Lisa thinking is almost as worrying as her trampling all over the place. 'What about?' I ask suspiciously.

'About how dramatic our married life has been. '

I can't argue with that 'Okay,' I drag the word out slowly, meaning I'm not sure it's okay at all.

'Let me take you away,' She's begging. Her eyes are pleading with me, and now she's pouting, too. Is she beginning to realize that this face has just as much impact as a sense fuck? 'Just us two on our own. '

'We'll never be alone ever again. ' I remind her.

She lifts and glances down at my stomach, and I see her smile and shift down to kiss my tummy before returning those puppy dog eyes to mine. 'Let me love you. Let me have you to myself for a few days. '