Chapter 13 - Greenhouse Visit

Carlisle, Rosalie, and Edward returned home from the hospital and a huge fight broke out between Edward and Rosalie.

"You shouldn't have done that! Over 20 people saw! If it wasn't for Chrissy being able to compel all of them, it could have led to even more danger!" Rosalie yells

"What was I supposed to do? Let her die?" Edward asks with an eyeroll.

"Not use your speed and strength in front of everyone in the school parking lot! This doesn't just affect you! It affects us all!" 

Christina sighs. 

"Don't worry about it darlin'." Jasper whispers to her

"It's just ridiculous." She says to him, "If I were human, would you have done the same?"

"Without a doubt." Jasper says, "We all would have."

"Yeah. But the difference between if one of us would do that for our mate if they were human compared to Edward and Bella is that Bella is NOT a mate!" Rosalie says

"I choose for her to be my mate." Edward says

"And what happened when your true mate shows up?" Clayton asks, "Are you just going to ignore the pull?"

"Bella is my true mate." Edward says defiantly. 

"She isn't your mate Edward. A blood singer cannot be a mate." Carlisle informs him

"Bella will be one of us. I've seen it." Alice says

"Well regardless, Bella is now more curious than she was before. If you don't want her to turn Edward, you better try and redirect her." Christina says.

"Have you seen something else?" Edward asks

"She is determined to figure us out." Christina says before pausing. 

Feeling her unease and fear, Jasper asks, "What wrong darlin'?"

Christina sighs, "I think trouble is coming our way."

"How so?" Carlisle asks

"I don't know. All I saw was blood and broken glass. But there was this immense feeling of fear, hunger, smugness....and hope?" Christina says confused before turning to Edward, "Redirect her Edward. I know Alice and I saw her as a vampire but she isn't your mate. She's your singer. She can't be your mate. It's impossible. Getting involved with her will just lead to trouble, danger, and pain. She isn't worth it." Christina says before walking away to go hunting. 

"She's right." Jasper says before following her. 

The next morning Jasper and Christina arrive at the school on Jasper's motorcycle

They join Clayton, Alice, and Edward by the busses. Edward was staring at Bella and Mike.

"What's wrong Edward?" Christina asks 

"Edward is listening in on someone's conversation and doesn't seem too happy." Clayton says teasingly.

Christina rolls her eyes. "Whatever she is saying is a lie...which I don't blame her for. Mike Newton is a pig." Christina then walks on the bus after being told to board by Mr. Molina. Jasper following right behind her.

At the greenhouse, Jasper and Christina were following behind the rest of the group

At the greenhouse, Jasper and Christina were following behind the rest of the group. Christina was looking at each of the flowers, feeling them through her fingers and with her plant life control ability. Since they were in such a small space, Jasper was close to her, focusing on her scent, emotions, and smile.

As they were walking to the bus, Christina and Jasper saw Edward and Bella arguing....again. Deciding to ignore it, Christina turned to Jasper, "So I was thinking that maybe we could go to the lake tonight, just the two of us?" Christina asked hopefully.

"Sure darlin'." Jasper said and Christina squealed in excitement and jumped into his arms. Jasper smiled and chuckled.

Still in his arms, Christina puts her feet back on the ground and looks at him. "Stargazing?" She asks and he nods. Then she smirks and inches her lips closer to his, "Maybe even some skinny dipping." She says in a flirty tone.

If Jasper's heart could beat, it would have skipped one. Jasper smirked and said, "Absolutely." Christina leaned in and gave him a short but passionate kiss before pulling back. Jasper leaned in for another but Christina just smiled and pecked his lips quickly before walking towards Clayton and Alice. "My little tease." He said shaking his head.

"You love it." Christina said as she turned back to wink at him.

"You got that right." He mumbled and followed after her.

Christina walked up to Alice and Clayton and walked next to Alice. "You love teasing him." She said with a knowing smile.

Christina nods with a smile, "Yes I do."

Alice laughs and links her arm with Christina's as they approach Edward, who is arguing with Bella. 

"Hi. Are you going to be riding with us?" Alice happily asks Bella as the boys approached them and stood a few feet behind their mates.

"No. Our bus is full." Edward said hatefully glaring towards Bella before walking away to get onto the bus.

Alice sent Bella a sad smile and Christina sighed as they went to the bus Edward got onto. 

"Well that went swimmingly." Jasper teased while smirking at Edward

"Shut up!" Edward exclaimed to Jasper with a glare

"Don't be an ass to him. It's your fault anyway. Make up your mind about how to treat Bella. Either be nice to her or be an ass. Just pick already." Christina told Edward firmly with a glare of her own.

Edward grumbled under his breath and looked away.

Christina sighed and looked at Jasper who was smiling fondly at her. She smiled back at him then snuggled into his arms.

 She smiled back at him then snuggled into his arms

The Empath's Love (A Jasper Hale Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara