Chapter 23 - Birthday Party Plans

Since Prom, not much has happened. Rosalie and Emmett graduated and they went on another honeymoon after graduation, but they will be back today. Clayton, Christina, and Jasper still barely talk to Edward. Edward is still with Bella and she is bugging him to turn her. Alice is still friendly with Bella. She knows that the rest of the children, other than Edward, think that Bella is just using them, but she decided she wanted a human friend for as long as Bella was around. The new school year began and the rest of the Cullen children were in 12th grade. 

"Is having a party really a good idea, Alice?" Christina asks Alice again, the morning of Bella's birthday. The family was in the living room, except for Edward, who was with Bella, discussing the plans Alice had for the party that evening.

"Yes! It's Bella's birthday. We never celebrate human birthdays. It will be fun." Alice said excitedly.

"What are you so worried about?" Esme asks Christina.

"Well let's see...birthday party for a clumsy blood singer, who wants to be a vampire, in a house full of vampires, with a knife to cut the big cake that can feed 50 but can only be eaten by the blood singer....What could possibly go wrong?" Christina says sarcastically. Jasper chuckles from beside her.

"It will be fine. As of now, nothing will happen." Alice says

"Okay. Have the party, but I'm not going." Christina says crossing her arms.

"Yes you are."

"No way. I don't like Bella and Edward has been an ass--" Christina says

"Christina." Esme cuts her off, scolding her for the language.

"Sorry Esme." Christina says to her apologizing for the language, before turning back to Alice to continue their conversation. "Why would I do anything for the two of them?"

"Then don't do it for them. Do it for me. Please. I want you there. It will be fun." Alice begs.

Christina looks at her for a second before she sighs and agrees. "Fine. I'll go." 

Alice wears a bright smile and hugs her sister-in-law. "Yay!"

"But only because of you. I am not getting her a gift and I probably won't talk to either of them."

"Okay. But could one of you two use your gift to make her agree to the party?" Alice asks Christina and Jasper.

Christina looks at Jasper and they have a silent conversation with their eyes. "Sure, Alice." Jasper agrees with a nod.

"Yay! Thank you." Alice says with a smile and then they all head to school.

When they are at school, Jasper and Christina, and Clayton follow Alice

When they are at school, Jasper and Christina, and Clayton follow Alice. When she approaches Bella and Edward, they keep a distance between them. 

Jasper has his arm around Christina's waist and Clayton is standing next to Christina. They watch Alice give Bella a present for her birthday. It's a dress for her to wear at the party tonight. At first Bella doesn't say anything to agree but then Jasper starts using his gift and gets her to agree with Alice. 

Alice excitedly says they she will see Bella at 7 and then turns to join the other 3 vampires waiting for her. 

Bella notices Jasper and Christina smiling to each other and calls out, "Jasper. No fair with the mood control thing."

Jasper looked at her. "Sorry, Bella but Alice asked. Happy Birthday." He said ignoring the look she was sending him before Christina starts pulling him away to walk to their class. Clayton and Alice following.

"It was kind of fun to irritate her." Jasper states to his mate. 

Christina laughs and smiles at him. "I could tell you were enjoying it. Come on, Cowboy. Let's get this day over with." She says and they go to class.

" She says and they go to class