Chapter 16 - Bella Knows

The next day, Jasper and Christina took Christina's car to school. Edward was in his car, and the rest were in Rosalie's. Jasper could feel Christina's annoyance about Bella on the drive so he placed his hand on his wife's thigh and rubbed calming circles with his thumb. He also sent her calming waves.

Christina looked at him with a smile. He glanced at her, smiled, and then turned to look at the road again. 

"I know this isn't what either of us wanted, but there is nothing we can do about it now." Jasper said to her. Christina sighed.

"I know. It's just....that bad feeling I had during the visions..." Christina looks at Jasper, who hums in the affirmative, "..it's a lot worst now. But I feel it all the time, not just during visions." Christina finished confused

"I doubt your anything you are feeling is from your powers. You're just worried and paranoid. I'm sure it's nothing." Edward butted in the conversation from his car. All of the Cullen's could hear each other, regardless of what car they were in. Rosalie rolled her eyes at Edward's comment.

"I'm not being paranoid." Christina says defensively. "It's more like I know danger is coming. I can feel it......like it's an instinct." 

"Maybe it's that other gift you copied a couple days ago. You said you weren't sure what it was. Maybe it has something to do with sensing danger." Clayton said.

"Maybe." Christina replies as they pull up to the school.

Jasper squeezes her leg and mind-links her.

No matter what happens, I'll always keep you safe darlin'. 

Christina smiles lovingly at him,  I know you will, Jas. I love you.

I love you.  Jasper replies before cutting the conversation and then he leans over and kisses her softly before getting out of the car and walking to the passenger side to open her door for her. 

"Thank you, kind sir." Christina says as Jasper offered his hand and helped her out of the car.

"You're welcome, ma'am." Jasper said with a slight smirk. He lifted his arm and twirled her, which caused her to laugh.

Jasper smiles at her and puts his arm around Christina's waist and they join their siblings. The Cullen family watches Bella give a look to Edward while walking into the woods. She keeps eye contact with him until she passed by him. Edward follows her. They all know that she knows. Christina crosses her arms with a scowl while she and the rest of the siblings watch. 

"I don't know who's the bigger idiot. Bella for going into the woods with someone she thinks is a vampire or Edward for actually following her." Christina grumbles low enough that only other vampires could hear.

"Their both idiots." Rosalie says

"She might have a death wish." Emmett jokes. 

"Or she wants to become one of us." Clayton adds.

Christina's expression changes to realization. "Oh my god. That's it." She says quietly in realization.

"Chrissy? What's it?" Rosalie asks Christina and everyone else looks at her confused

"I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner." Christina says to herself out loud.

"Think of what, Tina?" Clayton asks. 

Christina looks at them. "The greed, desperation, and desire I felt in my visions of Bella." She says and they still looked confused. "All of my visions that I've had of her are after she find out about us. In every one of them, I felt desire and desperation from her. I never figured out why..."