Chapter 20 - Phoenix, Arizona

Jasper, Christina, Alice, and Bella arrive at a hotel in Phoenix and get a room. The vampire trio was sitting on the couch when Alice gasped seeing a vision. 

"What is it? What do you see, Allie?" Christina asks. 

"The tracker he just changed course." Alice says and Bella stands approaching the vampires.

"Where is the new course taking him Alice?" Jasper asks

"Mirrors. A room full of mirrors." She says and Christina puts paper on the table in front of her and Jasper gives Alice a pencil and puts it in her hand, leading it to the paper. She draws what she sees in her vision.

"Edward said her visions weren't always certain." Bella says to Jasper and Christina.

"She sees the course people are on while they are on it." Christina starts 

"If they change their minds the vision changes." Jasper adds.

Jasper and Christina look at the drawing Alice is making. 

"So the course that the tracker's on now, is going to lead him to a ballet studio?" Bella asks as Alice finished her drawing.

Christina, Jasper, and Alice all look up at her.

"You've been here?" Alice asks Bella

"I took lessons as a kid. The school I went to had an arch just like that." Bella tells them.

"Was your school here in Phoenix?" Jasper asks

"Yeah." Bella says and then Edward calls her. She goes to answer the phone.

Jasper and Alice go to check them out and Christina helps Bella pack up

"Come on Bella. Hurry up." Christina said.

"Why are you protecting me? You hate me." Bella says confused

"I don't hate you. I just don't trust you." Christina says

"Why?"

Christina sighs and looks at her, "Do you want to be a vampire?"

"If it means being with Edward, yes." She answers. Christina senses a partial lie. "I love him." She adds and Christina senses a partial lie again.

Christina narrows her eyes slightly. "Because of who he is as a person or because he's a vampire and can turn you?"

"Because of who he is." She answers. Christina knew that was a total lie. 

"I don't believe you." Christina says.

"It's the truth." Bella says with a slight stutter, Christina knew she lied again. Bella was shocked that Christina didn't believe her lie. Everyone always believed her when she lied. 

"I don't hate you Bella. I don't like you, I definitely don't trust you, but I don't hate you. You want to know why I am risking my ass to protect you?" Christina asks and Bella nods. "Because until Edward finds his mate, he has chosen to slum it with you, for some reason that I don't get." Christina said and Bella looks offended but Christina doesn't care and she continues, "I personally don't want to deal with his brooding and whining if you get killed." 

"I am his mate." Bella says strongly.

"No you aren't. You're his blood singer. It is physically impossible for a vampire's blood singer to be their mate. So it is physically impossible for you to be Edward's. He only went near you because he was intrigued by you since he can't read your mind. Someone else is his mate."

"Then why is he protecting me?" Bella asks slightly smug like she proved something.

"He's instinctually protecting your blood for himself. Your blood literally sings for him. He wants it to himself. He craves it. He doesn't want any other vampire to have it, so he is protecting it. Because of our diet, he won't drain you. But he wants to. If he says he doesn't he's not only lying to you, but he's lying to himself."

"You're wrong."

"No. I'm not. I've been around a long time, Bella. I know more than you ever could about stuff like this. Even though I know you won't listen, I am going to warn you anyway. Don't put all your eggs in Edward's basket. He is going to find his mate someday and when he does, he won't be able to resist being with them. He will leave you without a second thought. If I were you I would protect myself before it happens and find the person you are truly meant to be with." Christina said and Bella just stared at her, not responding, "I'm going to go see what is taking Jasper and Alice so long. Stay here." She said and then left to go find her mate and sister-in-law.

"You guys still haven't been able to check out?" Christina asks them as she walks up behind them

"Slow line." Jasper says while he wraps an arm around her and kisses her head.

"I thought you were with Bella."  Alice says

"I was. We finished putting the stuff away, we talked and then I came down here."

"What did you talk about?" Alice asks

"She doesn't love Edward." 

"What?" Jasper and Alice ask

"I've felt love from her towards him." Jasper adds

"It's not for who he is. It's for what he is and what he can do to her." Christina informs them.

"She wants to turn?" Alice said 

"Yeah. She wants to turn."

"Are you sure?"

"I can always detect a lie. She's a good liar, but not good enough. The only reason I am still protecting her is because Edward will get all broody and whiny if we don't." Christina says and Jasper laughs.

"Are you going to tell him?" Jasper asks

"Yeah. But I doubt he will believe me. He has gone insane since he met her."

"Maybe her feelings will change?" Alice asks hopefully.

"One can hope, Allie. But don't expect it to happen."

"I doubt it will." Jasper says before they get to the desk to check out. They did not know that Bella snuck passed them while they were checking out to go meet James because she got a call from him luring her to the ballet studio.

 They did not know that Bella snuck passed them while they were checking out to go meet James because she got a call from him luring her to the ballet studio