Chapter 19 - The Hunt is On

The Cullen's arrive back home and Laurent appears. He warns them about James and Victoria and then leaves as Edward arrives with Bella. 

The Cullen's and Bella go into the garage. The Cullen family moves around putting stuff away and collects things to fight off James.

"I had to fight our kind before. Not easy to kill." Jasper said

"But not impossible." Emmett says

"We'll tear them apart and burn the pieces." Clayton adds

"I don't relish in the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle said

"Neither do I." Christina agreed.

Rosalie sits on the work bench, "What if her kills one of us first?"

"I'm going to run Bella south. You lead the tracker away from here."

"No, Edward. James knows you wouldn't lead Bella. He'll follow you." Carlisle says

"He's right. He plans on tracking you and her." Christina says

"I'll go with Bella. Jasper, Christina and I will drive her south." Alice said

"What? No!" Clayton exclaims looking at Alice.

"I'll be fine, Clay. Jasper and Christina will be with me. We'll all be fine." Alice says soothing him.

Clayton sighs and looks at Jasper, "Protect her like you would my sister?" Clayton asks Jasper who nods.

"We'll keep her safe Edward." Alice said. Alice takes Bella from Edward's grip and leads her to the car.

"Rosalie, Esme, could you put these on?"  He asked handing them clothes from Bella's bag.

"Why? She's your blood singer. She isn't even your mate. What is she to me?" Rosalie asks him throwing the jacket on the bench behind her. Carlisle picks the jacket up.

"Rosalie. Bella is with Edward now. We will protect her." Carlisle says trying the give the jacket to her. Rosalie, Clayton, and Christina all rolled their eyes. Rosalie ignores the jacket.

"She's his singer! She isn't a mate. We're in this whole mess because of Edward! Chrissy told him multiple times not to bring Bella to the game, that it was dangerous, but did he listen? No! She even told him to leave with Bella during the game so this wouldn't happen. But he didn't listen then either! Now you want me to protect his human blood bag that is nothing to us and possibly be killed for it?!" Rosalie asks

"She's right." Jasper and Clayton voice.

"Bella is with Edward now. We will protect her." Carlisle repeats looking at everyone sternly. 

Rosalie rolls her eyes. "Fine." She says taking that jacket from Carlisle.

He acts like a leader to protect a blood bag for his first son, but doesn't care when the rest of us are in danger, as long as Edward gets what he wants.  Rosalie bitterly mind-linked to Christina as she puts on the jacket.

Christin looks at her and nods. 

Edward says goodbye to Bella and Clayton says goodbye to Alice.

Jasper drives with Christina in the passenger seat and Bella and Alice in the back. They leave Forks and start driving straight to Arizona.

 They leave Forks and start driving straight to Arizona

It has been 13 hours, Bella hasn't slept. Shortly after they pass the border from Idaho to Utah, Christina copies a gift. She's confused because she feels different but doesn't know what it is.

Jasper feels the Christina's confusion and knowing she wouldn't want Bella in her business, he mind-links her.

What wrong?   Jasper asks

I just copied a gift. I feel different but I can't tell what it is. 

Different how?   Jasper asks worried

Like a warmth went though me. It's still there. It doesn't hurt or bother me. It just feels like there is more.  

Should I be worried?   Jasper asks looking over at her worried.

No. I feel fine. It's a gift I copied. Someone's gift would not hurt them so it won't harm me.  Christina reassures him.

Jasper looks relieved.  Alright. I promise we will figure out what it is eventually darlin'." 

Christina nods and smiles at him. She could always count on Jasper to be there for her. 

The rest of the drive continued the same as the first 13 hours

The rest of the drive continued the same as the first 13 hours. Bella kept refusing to sleep and kept trying to call her mom, Alice was trying to look in the future to make sure James wasn't changing course and Jasper was silently driving with his mate sitting next to him, also silent. Christina was trying to figure out what the gift she copied was, but she couldn't so she gave up. She figured it would show eventually.

 She figured it would show eventually