Chapter 14 - Giving Hints

The next day the Cullen coven was sitting at their table talking. Rosalie was telling Alice and Christina about a car she was going to fix up to sell before the subject changed to a shopping trip. Edward suddenly got up and approached Bella at the salad bar. 

"What is he doing?" Rosalie asks

Christina sighed. "Talking to Bella again. Anyone want to bet on whether or not he'll be an ass." Christina said jokingly causing the others to laugh. "Oh I almost forgot. Here Jas" Christina says handing him the bottle of elk blood from her bag.

"Thank you, darlin'." He says and gives her a short kiss. 

"I don't get why he is so capitated by her." Rosalie says as we watch them talk.

"They are going to be together." Alice says

"I want Edward to find someone as much as the rest of us do, but they aren't mates, honey. If she was his mate, I'm sure we would all feel different." Clayton tells her and Christina and Jasper nod.

"I don't think a human should be involved. A human shouldn't be turned unless they were dying. Bella isn't even Edward's mate, so she shouldn't be involved at all. If she was his mate, then it would be different, even if she were human." Rosalie said.

"He likes that he can't read her mind and she is obsessed with the mystery." Jasper says

"It isn't healthy. It also seems like he has given up on redirecting her." Christina says as Edward gives Bella a hint about being the bad guy.

"He is an idiot and going to get us all killed." Rosalie grumbled and Emmett put his arm around her to keep her calm.

"Too crowded? Seriously?" Clayton said looking at the others when Edward gave that as an excuse to not go to La Push. "That beach is anything but crowded."

"That was probably the worst excuse I have ever heard." Emmett adds.

"He wants her to find out." Christina says rolling her eyes before leaning her head onto Jasper.

" Christina says rolling her eyes before leaning her head onto Jasper

The family was relaxing in the house the next day. Emmett was playing video games with Clayton. Alice and Rosalie were discussing where to go on the next girls shopping trip, Esme was cleaning, Carlisle was looking over some files from the hospital, and Jasper and Christina were cuddled together on the couch. Jasper was reading a Civil War book with his arm around his wife and Christina was sketching with her back leaned against Jasper's chest. 

Edward, however, was anything but relaxed. He kept pacing back and forth non stop. "Edward would you stop pacing?" Christina asks after almost an hour of his constant pacing.

"What's got you so restless anyhow?" Jasper asks him and the whole family looks at him.

"She shouldn't be over there. Those wolves could kill her." Edward says

Rosalie, Clayton, Jasper, and Christina roll their eyes. "If you didn't want her over there you should have suggested doing something else with her today. Honestly anyone can see that she would have dropped anything to hang out with you. She's obsessed."

"She's got a point." Emmett agreed

"She's not obsessed." Edward argues

"She's obsessed." Jasper and Christina reply. "I can feel her obsession." Jasper adds.

"You're almost as bad as she is." Rosalie adds rolling her eyes.

"I'm not obsessed." Edward says

"You sneak into her room at night to watch her sleep." Clayton deadpans

"That's so I can get used to her scent and not kill her." 

"Edward, what the hell do you want with her?" Christina questions. "One minute you're being an ass to her and trying to redirect her, the next you are giving her hints about what we are. I don't think it is a good idea to get involved with her, but you need to make up your mind on what you're doing. At least then the confusion will stop. You're confusing us all with the back and forth."

"She's right." Jasper and Clayton agree 

Edward was looking at them for a few moments before saying "I want to be with her."

"Even if she's not your mate?" Christina asks

"Shut up." Edward said, looking at her and slightly growling.

"She's just telling the truth." Clayton defends his twin.