34: Willow and Sagebrush

Cassian

One moment, Nesta was on her knees in front of me. I was lost in a haze of lust, my hand gripped in her hair, the other nearly splintering the chair with the force it took to hold myself back.

And the next, someone cleared their throat in the hallway.

Nesta jumped, letting go of me like I had burned her, scrambling back. And I was trying to fix myself when the familiar scent drifted into the room.

Cedar and smoke.

Fucking Azriel.

I'd kill him for this when he dared a step-

An overdramatic gagging noise, a waft of lavender and spice, the sound of footsteps running to the bathroom and a door slamming.

Nothing like your baby sister catching you to kill the mood.

"I've gotta go." Nesta mumbled dryly, her cheeks heated and her voice croaking as she snatched a glass of water from the table and hurried from the room.

And then it was just me, and Azriel barely containing his laughter behind red cheeks in the doorway.

"Fuck. you." I hissed at him.

"I see you've been busy." He smirked.

"I hate you." I growled back, "I fucking hate you."

He narrowed his gaze at me, "Was the oatmeal getting boring? Did you two want something else for breakfast?"

Leur, who had reappeared in the doorway, pale and face twisted, only gagged again, "Oh gods, make it stop. Someone open a fucking window in here."

"You know, I didn't invite either of you here." I snapped, "I don't really think you get an opinion."

Leur didn't answer, only crossed the room and started throwing windows and doors open, letting the wards shift to allow air into the room.

"You let her suck your cock in the middle of a house our entire family has access to. At the table I was planning on using to eat my breakfast." Azriel leveled his gaze at me, "I think that entitles us to an opinion."

Leur gagged again, leaning over the side of the balcony, "Stop talking about it!"

"Look what you've done to your sister. You should be ashamed of yourself." Azriel shook his head at me mockingly, "She's traumatized now."

Something in me shifted. My anger and frustrated cut through with Azriel's teasing comments and Leur's melodrama as she wretched loudly for all of Velaris to see. Laughter burst from me.

"Fuck you!" Leur called from her spot on the balcony, "It's not funny!"

Azriel hid his laughter behind a hand over his face, It's really funny- he mouthed to me.

I shoved my face into my hands, quiet laughter muffled in the contours of my gloves.

"Anyways..." Azriel took a deep breath, "We just came to make sure you two haven't murdered one another yet. But it seems you found... something else to do with all of that pent up energy."

Leur wretched again on the balcony.

"We're fine." I changed the subject, "Her training is going well. She has even invited some of the priestesses from the library to join- and she's been helping me with the new groups of Illyrian women."

"Seems she's helping you with a little more than that."

Leur appeared in the doorway to the balcony, "Stop it, Az."