Chapter 7

The rest of the school week went smoothly. Shinsou was staying relatively quiet around my friends, which was a step up from trying to piss everyone off at any given moment. At least he was trying. Eijirou was, thankfully, in most of his classes. Ash was keeping me in the loop there, while Katsuki was making sure that they were only skipping together. I could live with that progress. 

"Toga's already mad at me because you're not going," Ashido groaned as she sat down at the lunch table. It was Friday, which meant that Ash, Kami, Sero, Ei, and Kats would all be going to The League later that night. 

"You're texting Himiko?" I asked with one brow raised. 

The seating arrangement had changed slightly since Shinsou started at our school. Since we had fourth hour together (the class right before lunch), we walked to the cafeteria together and he claimed the spot on my right. To my left was Katsuki, then Eijirou. It was a little sad that I wasn't sandwiched between them anymore, but at least they couldn't gang up on me. 

"'Chako put us all in a group chat together, for when we need a break from testosterone." 

"Of course she did," I said with an amused smile, shaking my head. 

"Oh, there's something else you should know," the devious smile on her face actually made me shiver a little. Katsuki knew I was worried, or he thought I was cold, either way, he wrapped an arm around my waist. 

"Which is?" I prodded since it didn't seem like she was going to continue. 

She thought about it for a second, then waved me off. "No, it should stay a surprise." 

"You're the worst kind of person," Kaminari said with a pout. At least I wasn't the only one in the dark. 

"You'll find out on Sunday." She shrugged. 

"That's so far!" 

Shinsou looked up from his phone, sparing a glance at the blond. "It's two days." 

"Forty-eight hours, that's so many hours," Kaminari whined. 

"List out the digits of pi," Ashido exclaimed, looking over at him with tired eyes. "By the time you're done, it'll be Sunday." 

"That'll keep him occupied for forty-eight hours?" Shinsou asked me, his voice quiet. 

"Math genius," I explained simply, watching the two teens continue to bicker. "I don't even want to know how many decimal points he just knows." 

"Did not see that coming." 

I chuckled at his dumbfounded expression. "I don't think anyone ever does." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eight o'clock rolled around and I was bored. The band had just left for Dabi's club, so it was just Shinsou and I in our room, both doing our own things. Well, Shinsou looked like he was trying to do homework, and I was staring at the ceiling. 

I finally looked away when I heard him sigh and shut his textbook. "That's it, let's go." 

"Huh?" I asked stupidly, sitting up on my own bed while he stood from his. 

He threw on a hoodie and grabbed his stash bag. "We're gonna go do literally anything but this." 

I didn't need to be told twice, already on my feet. "Front door is a no-go, our moms are home and neither of them wants to send us off at night with each other." 

"Window?" he asked. 

"No way down," I said with a shake of my head. "Just across." 

"Any parents home over there?"