Chapter 18

The rest of the week carried on in a similar fashion to Monday. The boys and I continued to ignore each other, they skipped any classes we had together and we sat at separate tables during lunch. Todoroki and Uraraka bounced between the two tables, not wanting to abandon their partners or me. I still talked to Ashido, Kaminari, and Sero. None of them dropped me after the breakup, which I was grateful for. 

Everything was just... strained. Any conversation I had, people were tiptoeing around the elephant in the room. I didn't hang out with the band members outside of school and my own friends were getting busier with their significant others. There was a palpable tension that followed everyone around. 

Which was the main reason I was so surprised to see Sero leaning against my locker after the last bell of the day. 

"You're coming over to Ash's," he said as soon as I made it to him. He pushed himself off my locker and scooted over just enough for me to access it. 

I raised a brow, tossing my books into my bag. "I really don't think-" 

"They won't be there," he said, cutting off my protest swiftly. When I didn't say anything else, he kept going. "Look, we all miss hanging out with you, okay? So, we're going over to Ash's and she's gonna give Uraraka a tattoo, you're coming with." He said it in a no-nonsense tone that told me it wasn't up for debate. 

I slung my bag over my shoulder just as Shinsou appeared to my left. "You promise they won't be there?" I asked, needing his absolute word that I wasn't going to be intruding. I didn't want to be the ex-boyfriend they couldn't escape. 

"Scouts honor," Sero said, one hand raised as a sign of his oath. "But," he continued, tossing a glance at Shinsou. "You know they were trying to get a hold of you while you were out of town, right?" 

"I blocked their numbers," I said simply, trying to pretend that the information didn't bother me. Blocking them had happened on a whim right before we left for the trip. I didn't want to be glued to my phone, agonizing over a call that would never come. Apparently, I had been wrong. 

"Told you not to," Shinsou said like a know-it-all from beside me. 

"Seriously?" Sero asked in unbridled shock, his eyes a little larger as he stared at the purple-haired teen. 

Shinsou turned his tired gaze to me. "Why does everyone think I have nothing better to do with my time than pray on your downfall?" 

"Because we have eyes," Sero answered, still unable to fully grasp that Shinsou had tried to save my relationship with his friends. 

"Don't try to understand his motives." I patted Sero's hand gently. "Even I have no idea why he does half the shit he does." 

"Okay then," Sero said, eyeing both of us a little oddly. "Doesn't matter. You're both coming to Ash's. Sho will drive you." 

"Fine," I conceded with a resigned sigh. I knew there was no way out of it, and if Eijirou and Katsuki weren't going to be there, there was no reason to avoid it. 

Shinsou and I met up with Todoroki and Uraraka, all of us heading to Ashido's place. My brunette best friend wouldn't stop bouncing in her seat at the idea of her first tattoo, it being done by her girlfriend was just the cherry on top. 

Once we arrived at the house, Uraraka was the first one through the door, giving Ashido a tight hug in the entryway. The girl ushered us all up to her room, Uraraka and her taking up the rear of our group. 

Imagine my surprise when the first thing I see when I walk into the room is Eijirou and Katsuki, sitting on her floor with their backs leaning on the wall.