Chapter 20

I cleaned, got groceries, and am now caffeinated. Let's fucking go. 

The first thought I had after waking up from my nap was what a weird ass dream. The second was that Ashido had a very comfortable bed. 

I blinked my dry eyes open, trying to rub the sleep from them. It helped some, but not much. I sat up with a groan, still feeling groggy and not completely sober yet. 

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Shinsou's snarky voice greeted me. 

I held up one finger, my eyes closing again. "I don't want to hear it." 

"Like that'll stop me." 

I opened my eyes with a tired sigh that was cut short when I actually looked around the room. Most of my friends were gone, only Shinsou, Eijirou, and Katsuki were still in the bedroom. "What the fuck?" I asked before I could stop myself. It was definitely not what I was expecting to wake up to. 

"And he's back," Shinsou said, scooting from where he sat on the end of the bed, so he could see me and the other two teens in the room. "Your turn," he said to them with a pointed look. 

Eijirou actually seemed... betrayed by his words. How could he feel betrayed by Shinsou when they couldn't fucking stand each other anyway? How many chapters had I missed while I was asleep? 

"C'mon," Shinsou said with an eye roll. "I can't do all the heavy lifting." 

"Shut it, eye bags," Katsuki grumbled, but there was little malice in his words. 

"Okay, seriously. What the fuck?" I asked again, my mind reeling at the alternate dimension I had awoken to. When had those three stopped yelling at each other?

"We talked while you were asleep," Eijirou supplied, completely unhelpfully. 

I shot him a deadpan look, my nap completely healing me of my, almost, mental breakdown. Now I was just spiteful again. "Wow, thanks Sherlock. I don't think I could have puzzled that one out myself." 

"Iz, stop being a dick," Shinsou of all people scolded me. At my offended and wildly confused glare, he said "You have no idea what I just went through for you, so shut it for two seconds. Please," he added as an afterthought. 

"What kind of cart did Sero give me?" I asked myself, scanning the room to see if any other hallucinations were happening around me. There was no way any of it was real. Eijirou and Katsuki would barely even look at me a few hours ago, and now they were talking to me and Shinsou? And Shinsou was defending them? 

"Okay," Shinsou spoke up, dragging me from my own thoughts. "You're not allowed to talk anymore." 

I gaped at him because there was no way in hell he had actually just said that to me. "I'll-" 

I was promptly cut off. "No talking," he restated with a pointed look in my direction. I slumped back against the pillows with my arms crossed, like a toddler who didn't get their way. 

"Anyways," Eijirou carried on, as if the past two minutes hadn't even happened, fixing his eyes on me and making it impossible to look away. I hated that stupid gravity shit they all seemed to do that just pulled me in and refused to let go. It was really starting to get on my nerves. "We talked and Shinsou made a few half-decent points-" 

"Seriously?" Shinsou cut in, it was his turn to look betrayed. "We had that whole heart-to-heart and I made half-decent points?" 

"Can I just finish talking, please?" Eijirou asked in exasperation, completely fed up with both of us at that point. When Shinsou didn't say anything else, he shouldered on. "He made good points," an annoyed look in the purple-haired teen's direction, "and now Kats and I feel like idiots."