Chapter 9-My Mate, Heart, and Soul

:o I'm not gonna say anything. Just read...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie’s POV

                Slowly opening my eyes, the first thing I saw was the smooth skin of Damien’s neck. I heard his even breathing and knew that he was asleep, his arms still wound around my waist and pulling me snugly against his warm chest. I know that I shouldn’t be getting close to him because it will just hurt both of us when I leave but I can’t help it. You would know what I’m talking about if you were in this situation.

                Biting my bottom lip, I frowned. I’m still thinking about what Annabelle said and what I should do. I also need to ask Damien if I can call mom and David. Meeting my mate distracted me but now I can feel myself slowly slipping back into the depressed state that I was in when Damien got here. He’ll want to know what happened and I would probably end up caving and telling him everything. I can’t get any closer to him though. What I’m doing now is already bad enough.

                Sighing, I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against one of the fluffy pillows. I have to get myself together soon. I can’t break down in front of him like I did yesterday again. It was just too much. The thing with the rogues brought back all of the horrible, great, sweet, sad, depressing memories of my dad and that night. All at once. It was too much for me to handle and I just broke down. Now he’s going to want me to explain but I don’t know if I should or can.

                Feeling him stir, I stiffened and my eyes snapped to his face, watching as he slowly woke up, revealing those beautiful stormy grey orbs. I stared into his eyes for a while and he smiled, leaning in to kiss my forehead softly.

                “Good morning,” he said, his voice husky since he just woke up.

                “Morning,” I mumbled back quietly. Looking over at the clock, I saw that it’s almost two in the afternoon. Wow; we slept a long time. I blushed suddenly for no reason and Damien chuckled, rolling over to hover above me keeping most of his weight on his arms so he won’t crush me. Tilting his head down, he captured my lips with his and I instantly responded, snaking my arms around his neck.

                 I’m going to miss this when I have to leave. Sure he’s extremely possessive and cocky, but I can deal with that. It’s part of who he is and I actually like him better for it. I felt tears prick at my eyes but I held them back and got absorbed in the kiss again. When we finally pulled apart, breathing raggedly, he lay down beside me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I snuggled into his side, my head resting on his chest.

                “Can we do something today? Like, go out of the house…” I trailed off and waited for him to reply. He stroked little circles in the small of my back.

                “Sure. What did you have in mind?” I shrugged and he chuckled, sitting up suddenly and pulling me with him. I squeaked when he flung me over his shoulder, carrying me out the door and down the hall. My face turned bright red when I realized that his butt is literally inches from my face. I tried to look away and concentrate on getting down, pounding on his back with my fists.

                It seemed to have no effect on him and I growled unimpressively, crossing my arms and huffing at him. Ugh! I froze and my whole body stiffened when he smacked my ass, laughing at my reaction. Did he… did he just smack… Oh hell no.

Possessive and Mine?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें