Chapter 17- Him

1-9-14

The song on the side has really nothing to do with the story. I just decided to put it there because it's amazing. If you haven't heard it before then you need to listen to it.

Do it.

You know you want to.

^.^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien’s POV

                My wolf started to get edgy and began pacing around in my head. He growled quietly and kept pacing.

                Calm down. We’re going to see her soon.

                I thought to him. He huffed and stopped growling, but the pacing continued. I shook my head and didn’t say anything.

…………

(A little more than an hour later)

                Where the hell is she? She should have been here by now. I’m currently pacing the ground in front of the creek that we stopped by, my fingers laced together tightly behind my back. What if she changed her mind and kept running?

                My wolf growled sharply and howled loudly in my head.

                She had better not. I miss our mate. Annabelle will try to keep her from running again but there’s not much she can do. When Cassie sets her mind to something there’s almost nothing that can change her mind. Our mate is a stubborn one. Just wait here for now and if she doesn’t show up within the next thirty minutes then we will go after her. I refuse to let them get away again.

                He chuckled a little at the thought and I smiled a tiny bit. Any other time I would find that cute about her but right now it could turn into a huge problem.

                My fingers clamped together even tighter to the point where they began to ache. I ignored it though because at the moment that’s really one of the only things keeping me from going after her. I’m on edge and anything could make me snap right now. That’s why the others are all standing a safe distance away and haven’t tried to talk to me for a little while.

                The happy glow that was surrounding me before is gone and now replaced with tension and worry. I don’t think I’ll be able to keep myself sane if she runs from us again. I barely managed the first time.

………..

(Twenty minutes later)

                They’re in trouble.

                I jumped onto my feet and quickly stripped, shifting. The others did the same and followed when I sprinted through the trees. They didn’t question me but I can tell that they know something is wrong.

                I knew without him even telling me that he was talking about Cassie and Annabelle. God dammit I should have known something was wrong! I’m so stupid!

                I’ll be damned if I’m going to let someone take her from me after all that we’ve gone through. I’m going to get my baby back and anyone who gets in my way had better have a death wish.

………..

Cassie’s POV

                Cold water was splashed in my face and I jerked awake, wincing when my head throbbed nastily. I spluttered and blew water out of my mouth. I heard a low chuckle nearby and my whole body froze, tensing up as my eyes tried to see something in the dark.

                Since I’m a werewolf I can normally see just fine in the dark but now I can literally see nothing. It’s pitch black. The icy cold water dripped down my face and onto my already-wet clothes.

                I felt myself start to panic but attempted to calm down by thinking of Damien. I closed my eyes and pictured his handsome face. I felt tears burn in my eyes as they reopened. My heart slowed down- if only a little bit- and my breathing became less shallow.

                It picked up again, however, when I heard heavy footsteps right behind me. My head whipped around and my eyes widened when I felt cool breath blow across my face. Quiet breathing sounded right in front of me.

                Maybe three seconds passed in total silence before lights finally came on. I whimpered a tiny bit and squeezed my eyes shut, ducking my head when I turned back around to face whatever is in front of me.

                I slowly peeled my eyes open after about thirty seconds of wincing in the light. What- or rather who- I saw had my jaw clenching and my whole body locking up yet again. He wore a smug smirk that had raw, boiling rage building up in my stomach. Icy fear spread through me and mixed with my anger. It succeeded in making my headache even worse.

                It’s him. The one who has been sending me notes.

                The one who threatened my family and also…

                The bastard who killed my father.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:o Plot twist? I think yes!

Or did you guys see it coming? Of course you did cause my stories are all predictable aren't they? :/

Oh well. I hope you enjoyed and (if you think it deserves it) please vote and comment! :) Tell me if you liked it or if you want to stab me in the eye with a rusty spoon. Because I like, rusty spoooons. Eeeeh? Do you see what I just did?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about and think I'm insane (I don't blame you if you do) you need to watch Salad Fingers. They are very disturbing yet entertaining videos on Youtube. I think there are ten of them but maybe there are more. I dunno.

By the way, I wouldn't watch them if you get nightmares easy. Just sayin.

Anywho, have a nice day!!!