Chapter 22- Damien's POV

3-25-14

Hello lovely readers!

So this chapter is in Damien's point of view. I wrote it cause I figured that you guys would want to read some more of Damien's POV and I wanted you to see what he is thinking about the whole situation.

:3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien’s POV

                When Cassie eventually slipped into a troubled sleep I pulled her onto my lap. She instantly shifted in her sleep to snuggle closer to me and I smiled. She looks so innocent and adorable when she sleeps. Her quiet even breaths always calm me down. Usually she looks so peaceful when she’s asleep but even now I can see the worry etched onto her perfect features.

                Reaching up to where her head is resting on my shoulder, I stroked my fingers softly through her hair. Her warm breath puffed out against my neck and a small tingle shuddered down my spine.

                I love this girl in my arms with all my heart and now that she’s with me again and we’re going to be together I’m going to do everything in my power to show her that. I need to show her that- no matter what- she can talk to me. About anything.

                She’s my mate and even though I know I should be mad at her I’m not. Yes I’m upset and I wish she had just told me what was going on in the first place but I also know that she was scared. She was trying to protect the people she cares about. So in a way I can see why she felt like the only way to do that was to run.

                At first I didn’t really understand why she would leave but I’ve had a lot of time to think and I decided a while ago that dwelling on the past will just hold us back when all we need to be doing is concentrating on the future.

                There is no way in hell that I’m going to let her get away from me again. I’m going to do everything in my power to keep her by my side and treat her like a princess like she deserves. I just need to make her understand that I will always stand beside her with everything she does and that she doesn’t need to worry about me getting mad and leaving her. Ever.

                I have been waiting too long for my mate to screw up and lose her. And I couldn’t ask for a better woman to spend my life with. She’s strong, smart, kind of timid and shy but that can be useful in many ways, friendly, and to top it all off she’s also stunningly gorgeous.

                She’s everything that I could ever ask for and more.

                I can tell that Cassie’s going to be an amazing Luna. The pack already loves her and I have no doubt in my mind that they will have no problems accepting her as their leader. She’s one of those people who are just too sweet and nice to dislike.

                She’s probably going to be nervous about taking on such a huge responsibility but she’ll get through it. I’ll be there the whole time to help her and so will my parents. We all will. She’ll eventually realize that it’s not so bad. I have a feeling she’ll like it once she gets used to it.

                Cassie moved and pressed her face closer to me so now her nose is brushing the skin of my neck. Little tingles blossomed where she touched me and I smiled softly.

                Once we get their mom back and everything dealt with we need to work on building our relationship and making it stronger. I have no doubt in my mind that I’m head over heels in love with her and that she has me wrapped around her finger. She doesn’t even realize just how much of an impact she has on me. Every time she smiles or laughs it makes my day and brightens my mood instantly.

                She could literally ask me for fifty ponies, ten cats, fifteen dogs, and her very own castle and I would do anything in my power to make it happen just to make her happy.

                It’s alright though. She’ll realize it soon.

                I gazed down at her beautiful face and then leaned in to place a gentle kiss on her forehead, closing my eyes as I did so.

                “I love you baby girl.” I whispered softly into her ear.