Chapter 27- The Warehouse

8-11-14

Hey guys.  I hope you like the chapter. :) Sorry it's kind of short. :/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie’s POV

                As we walked down the dark, silent street with large mansion-like houses I clenched and unclenched my slightly trembling hands. I’m starting to feel like I’m about to throw up or pass out. Damien took one of my hands into his and squeezed it gently as David walked on my other side, keeping close to me. I can see his tense shoulders from the corner of my eye. Damien leaned down and I felt his warm breath touch my ear which caused a small shiver to flutter down my spine.

                “I know this isn’t a time for introductions but I still haven’t introduced you to the pack members who came with me.” His quiet voice soothed my nerves a bit and I felt my shoulders relax just the tiniest bit.

                I guess he must have mind linked them and said that it was alright to come say hello because a second later both of them came up and matched their pace with ours, falling into step beside us.

                “Hi, my name’s Ryan.” The one with light brown hair and brown eyes said, holding out his hand for me to shake. I took it hesitantly.

                “I’m Caleb. It’s nice to meet you.” He also held out his hand and I took it, noticing his blonde hair and pale green eyes. I sent both of them a timid smile which they returned before we went quiet and continued on our way down the road.

                The houses have been getting smaller and smaller and I can tell that we’re going into more of a downtown area. A few people are lingering here and there around some small shops and such, some of them eyeing us skeptically and others ignoring us completely. I pressed closer to Damien’s side and he tightened his arm a little.

                I felt my panic rise and began to take deep breaths. Damien kept his eyes forward but leaned down and over to kiss my temple gently. I know I shouldn’t be nervous-especially with Damien, Ryan, Caleb, and David here- but I am. I can’t help it.

                “You’re going to be fine baby. I won’t let him touch you,” Damien murmured quietly into my ear. I bit my lip a little but didn’t say anything. I have a feeling that if I try to talk right now I’ll be sick. These people standing around smoking and talking loudly aren’t helping my nausea. It’s almost midnight- the time we have to meet the bastard- and usually that’s the time when bad people in these parts of town like to come out.

                As we continued walking I felt my fear slowly change into anger. It seems like every time I take a step some of my panic melts away, only to be replaced with hate and rage. Anna began growling lowly and bristling, pacing around in my head. Damien seemed to sense my change in attitude because he glanced down at me but decided to keep quiet and let me think.

                After about two more minutes I saw a large, dark, shabby looking building. The street that we’re on is basically deserted. There’s only one other building nearby- it looks like an old café but it’s obviously been closed for years. I shivered a bit and clenched my jaw. This is it.

                I felt Damien’s arm tighten around my waist as his eyes scanned the area. I took a deep breath and smelled Mom, instantly tensing. At least he actually brought her, the dick. I wouldn’t have been surprised if he didn’t.

                I noticed a sign on the large building and stared at it for a moment, managing to make out what it says. It’s faded quite a bit, but I can still see that it says Peterson Warehouse. So we’re in the right place.

                David took my right hand and I looked over to him. He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze and I returned it. Damien kept his arm around my waist and we began walking toward the door.

                “Do you remember the plan?” Damien murmured in my ear. I nodded and then Ryan went to open the big double doors. Cool, musky air blew out from the drafty building and I coughed a bit as we stepped inside the dark room.

                Suddenly there was a humming sound and the lights came on. We all tensed and crouched a bit, preparing for an attack.

                “Hello, sweetheart. So nice of you to join us."