Chapter 15- Planning

Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

Guys I am so sorry for the long wait! D: Honestly I have no words for how sorry I am. I know I'm a crappy person and I feel really bad for making you guys wait for me to update. I got my laptop back on Monday night after not having it for almost a whole month. :/

I know that it's just another excuse and I would actually rather you just ignore it but that's what happened. But the chapter is done and I'm going to post the next chapter AS SOON as it's done. I promise.

Thank you guys sooooo much for sticking with this story even though there are slow updates! You have now idea how much it means to me! <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie’s POV

                “I’m coming home.” I felt a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders as soon as those words left my lips. It was completely silent for a while and I started to grow nervous, shifting my feet and biting my lip. Just as I was about to say something else I heard Damien finally speak.

                “Thank god,” he breathed. “You have no idea how glad I am to hear you say that. I need to tell you something really important but I can’t say it over the phone.” My mind began to whirl, coming up with different scenarios, most of them not pleasant.

                We talked for about five more minutes and agreed on a place to meet. It’ll take me a few hours to run there. He told me about how they’ve been trying to find me ever since he realized that I was gone and I felt my eyes burn with tears. Then he reluctantly said goodbye and gave the phone back to David. We said I love you and hung up.

                Annabelle yipped happily and started to purr at the thought of seeing our mate again. Let’s just say that some of the things she’s thinking were enough to make me blush. Since we never finished the mating process she’s more than ready for me to let him take us.

                I took the remaining money and went into the McDonalds across the street from the gas station where I used the payphone. As soon as I came through the doors people eyed me scornfully, obviously not trusting my grungy appearance. Well I’d like to see them live in the woods for more than a week without being able to take showers or eat properly.

                I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich, large fries, and a medium Dr. Pepper to go. My stomach snarled furiously as the scent of greasy fries and juicy burgers surrounded me. As soon as they called my name I went up and took the warm bag of food, quickly leaving the restaurant.

                A few people sitting in window seats stared at me as I walked down the sidewalk but I ignored them. I have delicious food and I’m going to see my mate soon. I couldn’t care less about what they think of me. It’s not like I’m going to see them again anyway.

                I found a park nearby and sat at a bench to eat my lunch. It literally took me only three minutes to eat all of it. I could have scarfed it in even less time but I don’t want to make myself sick and since this is the first real food I’ve eaten in a long time I want to actually taste it.

                I finished up the last of my fries and threw my trash away before turning towards the direction of the trees. Butterflies beat furiously against the walls of my stomach at the thought of seeing Damien again. I grinned widely and took off, my tangled, dirty hair whipping in the wind behind me.

…………….

David’s POV

                Everyone is a lot happier now. Cassie stopped running and now she’s coming back. We’re going to see her in just a few hours. I wish she were here now but I need to be patient. I mean she could still be running.

                Damien is practically glowing and he’s not trying to hide it one bit. No one will think any less of him for being ecstatic right now. After being away from his mate so long it’s a miracle that he’s still sane. Him being an Alpha is probably a huge part of it. Any other wolf would have probably gone rogue by now.

                I’m just glad that they’re going to be together again. As much as I hate thinking about my little sister having sex with ANYONE, I know that Damien is a great guy and he’ll take care of her. I can tell that he loves her more than anything and he’s made it plainly obvious that he would do anything for her in a heartbeat.

                It’s just really going to suck when we tell her about Mom.

                At that thought my smile wavered and then vanished. Before I could think about it again I heard Damien telling us all to shift.

                I don’t know how Cassie is going to take the news. Knowing her she’ll feel like it’s her fault because she wasn’t there to protect her.

…………….

Damien’s POV

                Thank god. My baby is coming back to me. My cheeks started to ache from how widely I’m grinning right now. Everyone else looks happy as well. They’re glad that their Luna is coming back and that their Alpha isn’t depressed and snippy anymore. I kind of feel bad for that since they were helping me find her but the fact that my little angel was running away from me had me on the verge of insanity.

                We all shifted back into our wolves and took off into the trees, going to the place where we’re going to meet Cassie.

                I’m finally going to have my sweet little angel in my arms again. Right where she belongs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<3 I think that the song fits Damien and Cassie's situation almost perfectly. It does though doesn't it? I think so.