Chapter 19- In the Dark

2-6-14

:o Guys lookit! I updated again only three days after the last chapter was posted! No you're not seeing things... or going insane. Yet.

Oh and sorry for the crappy chapter name but I couldn't really think of a better one. Well I could but the other one would have been very misleading. Misleading because it would have given you all false hope and then you'd wanna shove me into a locker with moldy cheese and lock me in there for a week. :/

Well, more than you already do.

<3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie’s POV

                After the creep left I sat there for a long time. In the dark. Alone. You know, normally I don’t mind being alone but when you’re tied to a chair, trying not to scream from the pain in your wrists, and flinching at every single sound because it could be someone coming in to hurt me or that fucking prick who says that we’re going to be married…

                I shuddered and ground my teeth together. I have to get out of here. I am not sticking around and waiting for the desperate bitch who murdered my father to come back and taunt me some more. If he comes in here again I’ll probably end up breaking my wrists just to get out of these chains and rip his head off.

                But anyway, I think you’ve picked up on the fact that I’m not in a very fun situation.

                I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths in an attempt to calm my racing heart. I don’t have time to freak out right now. I need to just concentrate on getting out of here and then killing the fucker who ruined my life. Then I’m going to take my ass straight outside and to my mate. My booty is going to be firmly planted by his side where it will stay unless he tells me to leave.

                God damn that was painful.

                Alright Cassie, don’t think shit like that if you don’t want to make yourself depressed.

                I thought to myself. This is why I shouldn’t ever be allowed to be alone for long periods of time to think. As you can see my mind doesn’t come up with the happiest of thoughts.

                “Alright. Time to figure out how to get out of here.” I leaned forward in the chair and gritted my teeth when the chains dug into my wrists. This pain is absolutely nothing compared to the pain of being away from your mate. It still burns like a bitch though.

                When he turned the lights on earlier I noticed that the walls are concrete. Maybe…

                I kept leaning forward and whimpered. My wrists are going to take forever to heal after this. I don’t even want to think about what they’ll look like. When I finally managed to stand on my feet I waddled awkwardly forward, cursing and wincing while trying not to fall down.

                I reached my right foot out and it touched a hard surface. Then I turned to the left. I clenched my jaw even tighter and then slammed the chair legs into the wall. I heard a loud crack and then a clatter as one of them fell onto the floor. I kept doing that over and over until they were all off. Now comes the hard part.

                I moved so my back is facing the wall and then slammed the rest of the chair into it as well. It snapped in half and when I heard the other half fall onto the floor I pulled my arms in closer together behind my back.

                The chains slid off of them and clattered onto the floor in a pile. I stepped over them and then felt along the walls until I found the door. Swallowing the cries that are trying to escape me because of the pain in my wrists, I grasped the doorknob but then yanked my hand back.

                “Fuck!” I snapped. The doorknob is made out of silver. How the hell did that bastard get through without burning himself? Did he have a glove or something? I bit my lip hard and cradled my hand to my chest, rubbing it gingerly.

                Well fuck. How am I supposed to get out? The door is metal and the doorknob is made out of silver. Plus it’s locked. I felt my head start to spin and I had to catch myself on the wall when I fell to the side. Silver makes us really weak and since I already used a lot of what energy I had on breaking the chair I’m facing the consequences.

                Maybe if I can just gather enough strength to break the lock… I took another deep breath and reached out. I cursed loudly and had to force myself not to yank my hand away when I touched it.

                I felt my stomach heave and black spots spotted my vision. I collapsed against the door and then fell sideways. I tried to catch myself but my arms feel like they’re made of lead.

                My head cracked against the floor-which is also made of concrete-and the impact made it feel like my brain was rattling around inside my skull.

                Right before I lost consciousness I heard a loud yell coming from somewhere on the other side of the door and loud echoing footsteps.

                My head throbbed painfully and then I was out.