Chapter 10-She's Running and He's Following

Yay! I felt bad for leaving it at a cliffy like that last time so I just wrote this. Sorry if it sucks and that it's so short! :( I'm sick but like I said, I felt bad. <3 :3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien’s POV

                I went to pull my little mate closer but felt cold sheets between my fingers where she was laying before. My eyes snapped open and I jumped off the bed, frantically snapping my head around, looking for her. Something caught my eye and I looked over, seeing the little square of white paper on her pillow.

                Running over, I picked it up and unfolded it, my eyes scanning the paper. My heart dropped and shattered when I read it and I dropped to my knees, clutching my chest in pain as I tried to breathe. Why would she do this?! How could she think that she’s not good enough to be the Luna?! She’s the strongest, bravest, most loving person I’ve ever met; she would be the best damn Luna anyone has ever seen.

                I’ll be damned if I’m going to just let her run away from me; how could she actually think I would just let her go this easily? She’s my whole world and I can’t live without her. My wolf howled in pain, wanting our mate in our arms. She will be… hopefully soon. As soon as I find her I’m going to drag her back here and tie her to my bed if that’s what it takes. I refuse to live without her by my side- I can’t.

…….......

Cassie’s POV

                I ran as fast as I can, pushing my legs to go faster. The wind whipped through my fur as I ran. Annabelle has been yelling and demanding me to go back but I’ve been ignoring her, though it pains me to do so. She’s been whimpering for our mate and I feel like my heart is being ripped out of my chest.

                I’ve been running for a few hours now and so far there hasn’t been any sign of Damien or anyone else from the pack following me. I figure I have at least these few hours on my side. At least that’s what I’m hoping. If Damien woke up sooner than I have to try to get farther ahead or he’ll catch up, and he won’t be happy at all when he finds me.

                With this in mind, I tried to block out the pain and Annabelle’s words as I kept running.

…………..

Damien’s POV

                I called the fighters and told them to watch the pack and that I was going to find my mate. Dad must have heard my command through the link because about ten seconds later he came bursting into the room, the door slamming against the wall. He had met Cassie while she was in heat and he and Mom love her to death already.

                “Do you know where she is?” He asked, watching me worriedly. I shook my head and handed him the note. He read it quickly and looked back up at me, his face lined with worry and confusion.

                “How could she think that lowly of herself?” I roughly ran a hand through my hair and shook my head.

                “I don’t know! She’s the best mate I could ever ask for and she thinks that she isn’t good enough to be my Luna or mate!” I growled and punched the wall, leaving a large hole. Dad came forward and placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at him, tears welling in my eyes. I haven’t cried in over seven years but he didn’t look shocked. Instead he gave me an understanding expression and squeezed my shoulder comfortingly. I can’t be comforted right now when my mate is running from me as we speak.

                Pulling me into a hug, he patted my back. I hugged him back and released him, stepping away, toward the balcony.

                “Damien, wait. You need to have at least two fighters to protect you.” I wanted to object but then sighed, nodding. I called two of my friends through the link and told them to meet me in the front yard. They both agreed instantly. I nodded to Dad and turned, sprinting across the room and throwing myself off the balcony into the crisp morning air.

                They were both waiting for me in their wolf forms and I nodded to them, finding Cassie’s sweet scent and following it into the woods. I’m going to find her, and when I do, she won’t ever leave my side again. I’ll make sure of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, sorry it's so short. :( Please vote, comment, and fan. Tell me if you liked it, hated it, or if it was just meh. Luv you guys! <3