Chapter 21

As soon as the Supreme Overlord and Lee Soo arrived at the palace, they were drawn to the unusual noise, bustle, and exclamations. Anxious servants ran everywhere. Upon seeing Wei An, one of the advisors quickly approached him.

"My lord, what a blessing that you are back! Goddess Wang Sunyi has come for a visit and has been waiting since morning. We did everything possible to brighten up her wait, but I'm afraid that the mistress of Water was still upset by your absence," he explained.

Hearing this, Wei An hurried to the goddess of the Water Kingdom, who was walking near the throne. The train of the lady's dress flowed over the marble slabs, looking not like the dull blue silk of her garments but like the surface of water before a thunderstorm.

"Auntie, may your faithful subjects multiply, may there be peace in the Water Kingdom, and may they preserve the purity of the seas and rivers," the Supreme Overlord politely bowed to the unexpected guest.

"My boy, I couldn't even imagine that in the Kingdom of Heaven you could disappear without a trace! Where have you been?" Wang Sunyi inquired, carefully examining the young lady standing behind the Supreme Overlord.

The jewelry in the goddess's hair sparkled like silver. Under her stern gaze, Lee Soo became timid and looked down.

"Important matters required my presence at the River of Wisdom," the Supreme Overlord responded, shielding the young lady from the goddess's gaze and trying to regain his usual restraint and seriousness.

"The River of Wisdom?" Wang Sunyi's eyes briefly showed a flicker of dissatisfaction. She snapped her carved fan shut. "It's a pity to distract the Supreme Ruler from important matters, but my request is so simple that it won't take much of your time."

"I will fulfill any of your wishes. What do you desire, auntie?" the Supreme Overlord inquired, walking towards the throne.

"It's a trifle, really. I wish to reclaim what was intended for the gods of the Water Kingdom. Oku Ri feels offended by you and requests that you return the gift. The boy is so capricious that not only my peace is lost, but also the peace of all the loyal subjects of the Water Kingdom," Wang Sunyi lowered her voice. "You know, my love for my son is so strong. I can't refuse the little brat anything."

The Supreme Overlord turned around and looked at the goddess with interest. "Am I really so inattentive that I accidentally kept something from the Water Kingdom?"

"A trifle not worth your attention," Wang Sunyi replied with a feigned servile smile, then casually gestured towards the young lady.

"Lee Soo?" Wei An was taken aback, sitting down on the throne abruptly.

"Exactly," the Water Goddess nodded affirmatively.

Lee Soo froze in place. "Right now, tell everyone that I am your bride," she thought, looking at the Supreme Overlord with hope.

Wei An was deep in thought. In the ensuing silence, Lee Soo could hear her own heartbeat. She was uncertain how the proud, capricious, and intolerant Wang Sunyi would react to the news of the upcoming wedding. It was well known that the goddess could drown an entire country with a single careless word.

"I must tell you, auntie, that I cannot..." the Supreme Overlord began, looking at Lee Soo, "...refuse such a trifling request. You are absolutely right. It is extremely unwise to appropriate something that doesn't belong to you. You may take the young lady."

"Lord!" exclaimed a shocked Lee Soo.

Wei An turned to the guest of the Heavenly Kingdom. "Miss Lee Soo, I am extremely glad that I had the opportunity to meet you. It turned out that humans are not as insignificant as I had thought. The time spent with you will forever remain in my memories as one of the most pleasant experiences," the Supreme Overlord said, bowing his head slightly in a polite gesture. "I hope the young lady will find happiness in the Water Kingdom."

Lee Soo looked around in confusion and saw Wang Sunyi's son, Oku Ri, running towards her.

"How amazing! Now we can play as much as we want! Let's go quickly!" Oku Ri exclaimed, persistently pulling the young lady's hand.

As if in a dream, she followed the boy. After descending the steps, Lee Soo looked back. The Supreme Lord, seemingly unaffected, was conversing with the goddess of Water. His face radiated the same calmness and cold detachment.

"Now I know for sure: the gods do not have hearts," the young lady thought, unable to hold back her tears.