part 4

I left my house later that night, dressed in black jeans and a black vest top, with my leather coat and boots. It was around ten thirty, so there weren't a lot of people around.  

I started back at the school, inhaling deeply until I picked out David's scent among the thousands of others, it didn't take me long as I was familiar with it.  Then it was simple matter for me to follow it, easy as if I was following a painted trail on the ground.

He didn't live very far from the school, only several streets away. It was a modest house, probably three bedrooms; the master bedroom was at the front, judging by the windows, which meant that his was probably around the back. I walked around the house, silently; keeping to the shadows I was almost invisible. I easily jumped the tall gate, which led to the back garden. I could hear three people breathing in the house, all downstairs in what was probably the living room. The T.V was on.

I leaped up onto the wall between the two windows on the back of the house, gripping the bricks with my fingers, and the edges of my boots. I leaned over and looked into the window on the left, the bedroom had been converted into a study, a computer stood in one corner on a desk piled with papers, and bookshelves lined the other wall. Carefully climbing along the wall I looked into the other room, this looked more helpful. The room was painted dark blue, with a navy carpet, a single bed sat in one corner with a dark wood headboard and a khaki coloured bedspread. A cluttered desk sat against one wall, with clothes draped over the back of the chair, next to a set of drawers.

I examined the window, it was firmly closed but not locked I noted with satisfaction. Pressing my hands against the glass, I pushed; putting firm pressure on the glass. With my strength I was able to easily push it up, leaving a gap wide enough for me to slip through. I carefully and silently closed the window again, and looked around. This was definitely his room, the strong scent of him was on everything.

Hesitating I decided to wait, I could go down and get him easily, it would be a simple thing for me to kill him and his family, but I didn't feel like killing, I didn't even want to kill him, if it could be avoided, so I waited, casually leaning against the wall by his bed, so he wouldn't see me the instant he entered the room. He shouldn't be long; he would have to go to bed eventually.

I was right, about ten minutes later I heard him coming up the stairs, it was definitely him. I recognized the sound of his breathing, and the way he walked.

He didn't see me as he walked into the room, I blended into the darkness well. He headed over to the opposite wall to close the curtains, before turning to switch on the light, which was right next to me. I grinned and did it for him, revealing myself. His reaction was almost comical, his eyes flew wide as he stumbled back emitting a strangled yell, he had just opened his mouth to scream when I grabbed him, stopping him from running, with my hand over his mouth to keep him silent. He struggled against me, before realizing it was pointless, and freezing. I stiffened as I heard a woman's voice shout up the stairs.

"David is everything all right, what was that noise?" this caused him to struggle again, 

I hissed in his ear."Tell her everything is fine," he tried to wrench himself from my grip, succeeding only in hurting his arms. He mumbled around my hand,

"Why should I?" 

I made my voice go cold. "Because if you don't, I am going to rip your head from your shoulders right now, and then I will go down there and do the same to your mother dearest." He shivered and I removed my hand from his mouth, his voice was slightly weak when he shouted

"I'm fine mum, just tripped"

"Are you ok honey?"

"Yeah fine, I'm going to bed now... night!"