Part 42

Eventually I had to get out of bed. Jamie moaned and pulled me back down;

“Where are you going?”

“I have to get ready to go out.”

“Now? You still have about an hour and a half.”

“A lot of work needs to be done.”

His eyes flicked up and down me, “hmm, I doubt that… you are far too beautiful already.”

I smiled at him before leaning down for one more kiss; he watched me hungrily as I gathered my stuff and went into the bathroom. Once I had shut the door I climbed into the shower, from the next room he shouted;

“Want any company?”

I groaned and reluctantly answered, “If you come in I will never get ready.”

I heard him sigh, “I suppose you’re right… we will have to do that another time.”

My mouth curved up into a grin, “we most definitely will.”

              Over an hour later I was still in the bathroom. After showering I had carefully styled my long hair, leaving it down but flicking out the bottoms of the layers so that they spiked outwards and around my face. Next I applied makeup. Normally I didn’t see the point in bothering with any but tonight I needed to look extra dangerous. My perfect pale skin didn’t need any concealer or foundation, so all I added was a thick layer of eyeliner and mascara on my lashes, along with a hint of dark silver eye shadow to bring out my icy eye colour. I topped it off by coating my lips in deep scarlet and painting my long nails the same colour.

              Finally I slipped into a black dress that tightly hugged my figure before flaring out below my waist. The back was tightly laced together and the material of the skirt contained dark rose patterns. The look was completed by a little silver studded leather jacket that I slipped over my shoulders and a pair of heavy black boots that reached to the top of my calves.

              I hated to dress so impractically. I would have been much more comfortable in my customary dark jeans, shirt and long coat but I knew that would make me stick out as if I had a neon sign above my head. This outfit was much closer to what I used to wear at the time when I frequented the club before.

              A knock on the bathroom door pulled me from my thoughts;

“Jade? You gonna stay in there all night?”

“No, I’m done now.”

              I suddenly pulled the door open, causing him to stumble back in surprise. I couldn’t stop myself from laughing as I watched his expression; as soon as his eyes landed on me his mouth fell open. He appeared to have completely lost the power of speech as I stepped around him and began rummaging through my stuff until I came out with a small and elegant black and red lace bag. I had picked it because the long strap could easily go across my body, ensuring it wouldn’t be lost if I had to run or fight.

              Finally as I was loading important items like money and my phone into the bag he managed to utter a small choking sound. I smirked at him;

“You alright there?”

“You- you look… amazing,”

I shrugged, suddenly a little self-conscious, “thanks,”

He moved closer, “I mean it, you are stunning.” He leaned in to kiss me but I placed a finger on his lips to stop him;

“Careful, you’ll smudge the lipstick.” That made him laugh but he did back away. I gave him a once over; “put on something... dark… and smart.”