Chapter 127: Grounded

Lisa smiled sweetly, "Thank you, Mr. Husband!"

It was late at night when Lisa returned back to the He mansion. They were going to talk again tomorrow afternoon.

The next day, Lisa left for filming early in the morning and when she came back, it was almost time for dinner already.

She went upstairs to change into more comfortable clothes before going to Jungkook's house. When she walked back to the stairs, she saw Li Huiran walking over hurriedly from her room.

Lisa raised one eyebrow suspiciously and stopped walking.

Li Huiran slowed down a little when she saw Lisa, and she smiled.

"Go ahead," Lisa said with a smile. Li Huiran nodded and walked over to the stairs slowly. Without thinking much, Lisa followed her.

When they were about halfway down the stairs, they both heard the front door click open.

Suddenly, there was a scream.

"Ah!" Li Huiran seemed to have lost her balance as she stepped down a few steps and grasped the handrail tightly with both hands.

Lisa knit her eyebrows together as she froze, and the next second, Bai Jiawei ran over to the stairs.

"Huiran!"

Li Huiran let go of the handrail with one hand and used it to cover her stomach.

Bai Jiawei ran up the stairs and held onto Li Huiran, "Is the baby okay? Are you okay?"

Li Huiran was indeed very good at acting as she pressed her lips together, "My stomach hurts a little."

"Let's go to the hospital -"

"No!" Li Huiran suddenly looked up and realized she was a little too rushed, "I mean. . . It's okay. It just hurts a little. It will probably get better soon."

"We have to go to the hospital. What if the baby is hurt?"

Li Huiran let go of the handrail and grabbed onto Bai Jiawei's hands, "It's okay, Jiawei. I know my body. I didn't hurt the baby. It's fine."

Lisa almost wanted to laugh. Li Huiran was trying to scheme against her but ended up digging a hole for herself.

However, Lisa was up next.

Li Huiran glanced at Lisa and muttered, "I'm sure Lili didn't do it on purpose."

Bai Jiawei glared at Lisa, "You pushed her?"

"No."

Lisa didn't even try to explain because she knew Bai Jiawei wouldn't believe her even if she did.

"It's okay, Jiawei. I'm sure -"

"Lisa, how can you be so disrespectful?! Huiran is pregnant and you push her! That's very dangerous!"

Lisa sighed, "I said I didn't push her. Auntie Li, it's not good to lie."

Li Huiran looked away guiltily, "I. . . I'm not lying."

"You! How are you my daughter?!" Bai Jiawei raised his arm up and looked like he was about to slap her, but he stopped midair.

"You are not eating dinner tonight! Go into your room and don't come out unless I tell you to."

Lisa scoffed, "Sure! Whatever you say!"

She turned around to leave but Bai Jiawei suddenly stopped her, "Apologize!"

Lisa smirked, "I apologize for standing five stairs away from you and watching you stupidly trip over yourself without helping you. Next time, I'll make sure to watch your feet for you because it is evident you don't know how to walk."