Part 38

"Well.. is it true?"

"I uh.." I mumble.. not really sure what to say to the statement my father has just told me. I'm not sure how to feel to be honest.. "I don't know.. I.."

"Is that why you two fell out and didn't want to carry on being his assistant?" My mom asks, looking at me with a different kind of look than before.. almost a sad, feeling sorry for me kinda way..

"Mom.. please.. I don't think we should be.."

"Sophia.." my dad sighs.. sitting forward in his seat to look at me with a glare.. "This is serious.. this deal isn't gonna happen if they have history..I need to know if what she's saying is the truth.."

"But what does it matter?!" My voice gets a little louder.. "It's none of our business what happens after hou.."

"Isn't our business?!" My dad raises his voice just like I had done.. "Of course it's my fucking business!! It's all about my business Sophia! That man has ruined our reputation with one of the biggest investors we could get a deal with because he was sleeping with the marketing leader!!"

I clench my jaw as my mind drifts back to that night Robert left me in the hotel on my own to go and fuck the same girl my father is talking about, my heart sinks into my stomach as I remember those feelings when he told me that he had just fucked her in the same hotel.. as I waited for him to return.. and that girl wants to do business with them again.. as if she wants to try and come back into his life.. is a plan to get closer to him? 

"So it is true.." my dad scans my face, I clearly don't hide it well.. or at all as I remember the feeling of hurt.. "That asshole.."

"Dad.." I whisper.. "Please, don't talk about him like that.. he's my boyfriend.."

"No!" He shouts, making me jump.. "He's hurt my baby girl, ruined my business.. it's uncalled for!!"

"Calm down! Yes he did hurt me but that was ages ago Dad! I forgave him, we made up, and your business isn't ruined because he slept with her.."

"So they've got history, and you expect me to work with the two of them without thinking the worst?" 

"I would like you guys to trust him, like I do.." I say softly.. "What they had, I believe is in the past.."

"But she said.." my dad starts before looking away.. "Do you think he's changed?"

"Yes.. 100% I believe he has changed.. you guys.... you really didn't see how he was in New York.. we're so in love it's crazy, and we have been for a while.. we both denied our feelings at first because of you guys.. which made Robert do some stupid things.. but I know how much he loves me.. he wouldn't do that to me.."

"Hmm, I don't know Soph.. she's.. said some things that we just.." My mom starts.. "We want to believe him, and you.. we really do.. but she seemed rather believable when talking about her relationship with Robert.."

"There's no relationship there Mom.. not anymore, I promise.."

"Do you think we should talk to him?" My dad asks, and I immediately shake my head.

"Absolutely not, it'll only cause problems that I don't want.. can we just leave it? We don't have to talk about her, you can do the deal without having to involve us right?"

"Of course I can! But you do realise that this would mean meeting her right? Both Robert and I would need to go there to finalise the deal, or she would come here.. whatever was agreed.."

"Right.." I'll admit, I didn't think of that, how can I handle seeing her again? How will Robert deal with seeing her again for the first time since that night?