Chapter 20 - Reward

Hey Rom-Cubs,

Now I know that I'm not a psychic but you're probably wondering what Gerard thought about Reilly's Revelation.

Cover by BOOKPARLOR. Thank you to her for making the beautiful cover above. It's awesome. Thanks again.

You know what to do.

Here's the twentieth installation of BEWARE The Cowboy.

I hope that you like it. ;)

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

Check out The Ballerina & The Bachelor.

- Ang

---------

•GERARD's POV••

Reilly placed her head against me while crying her pretty little eyes out. I didn't know her that long but I had to admit I was attached. To close for comfort as they say, metaphorically speaking of course.

I didn't too much like the idea of her losing tears over someone who didn't seem to be worth an ounce of it. If I heard Reilly correctly, her mother died on her birthday ... the abuse started on her eleventh birthday?

What manner of man would hit a woman ... furthermore a child? Certainly a man that needed to be thought a lesson.

Her father, the bastard he was, didn't appreciate how innocent was but took advantage of it. He couldn't have been the only hurting party. Reilly had lost someone to ... her mother ... yet the one person in her life, the one who was supposed to protect her put his hands on her? In my book, there was no excuse to beat upon a woman. None.

No more. Her revelation changed my perspective of a few things. Suddenly, I understood a bit more why I always got the slightest feeling that she was guarded ... that it was hard for her to let anyone in ... but she let me in.

I took in her sleeping form while carrying her bridal style over the polished mahogany to the bedside beside my nightstand. I laid her down gently so as not to wake her then when she didn't stirr I climbed into bed next to her. I found the top of the coverlet pulling it over our bodies before resting my hand on her hip.

As if on cue, Reilly turned in my arms placing her small palms on my chest, snuggling into me for warmth. At first surprise struck me but it subsided a few seconds later and I pulled her deeper into my embrace.

"Gerard," came her raspy voice in a blissful moan. She was sleepy yet I felt myself awaken in response. Her voice was so sensual and Reilly was already so close. What did I expect to happen? I just didn't want to leave her in this vulnerable state she was in. Even though I was still clothed, Reilly's palms rested on my shirt as though they were pressed against my bare skin. I would be a fool if it did nothing to me.

"Mmm," was my only response. I could feel the hoarse in my voice. It was so husky and it wasn't because I had the flu. I feared that if I spoke her walls would be up again in a minute.

Her lips we're on mine in an instant giving rise to my adrenalin and heartbeat. I became excited as my pulse raced but I held back allowing her to take control. It wasn't the right time to let go. She was still vulnerable and I didn't want to take advantage of her. That was the last thing I wanted to do.

"What was that for?" I cleared my throat once I'd recovered from her kiss, opening my eyes just as she placed her forehead on mind touching our noses together.

Reilly's cool fingertips were still pressed into the nape of my neck rubbing back and forth while I held her gently at the waist.

"For caring ... being the only person give a damn about me ... to notice something was off about me." She avoided my eyes the moment it left her mouth almost as if it had cost her more than she could offer.

"I should pay more attention to you all the time if this is my reward." Reilly's honey eyes were back up staring into mines in a matter of seconds. She pinched me on the cheek and a giggled at my response.

"You can be so charming and then arrogant in a second." I raised my eyebrows suggestively only to receive a pillow to the head.

"Baby, you have to stop hitting me with so many pillows it's not good for my gorgeousness. Neither is it good for you." One of her eyebrows arched up in question.

"What do you mean not good for me?"

"We're in my room together ... in my bed with nothing but these wretched close to separate us. What do you think I mean?" If it was even possible, I was sure she would have turned cherry red by now.

"You're so cute when you blush. I think it's the sexiest I've yet to see."

"What is?" She asked a bit bewildered.

"You're dimples. God's two gifts to men." I said and she hid her face in my chest.

"Baby, can I ask you a question?" I said lifting her chin so that I could see her reaction as well as her enchanting eyes.

"Mmhmm," she breathed out.

"Do you know how beautiful you are?" It had occurred to me that if her father had been behaving so poorly towards her or to drunk to care half the time and her mother died before she really hit puberty ... then their was really no one else to tell her.

Her reaction confirmed my suspicions. She was never really told she was pretty by the two people who was supposed to build her self esteem. Either because, her mother died when she was younger or her father was to drunk to see that his daughter was hurting just like he was.

"You don't know do you?" I asked just to see her shake her head no. "This is what happens every time I look at you?"

I took her palm from my neck before placing it on my chest to reinforce. She looked to where I placed her hand before flicking her gaze up to me gasping in surprise.

"You're a very beautiful woman Reilly ... in fact, I think you're gorgeous." I couldn't help but smile confessed to her.

"I think you are too." Reilly beamed making my heart swell a few sizes bigger.

"Oh baby I know." I winked at her.

"You're so-"

Anticipation her reaction, I gently grabbed her wrists before she could reach for the pillow and climbed on top of her.

"-Baby, there's no use hiding it. I know you like it when I'm arrogant." I chuckled while squeezing her wrists slightly.

I gazed upon Reilly as she lay beneath me. She was too beautiful and she didn't even know it. My hand found it's way to her neck hesitantly as I lower my body careful not to crush her before I cupped her neck bringing her sweet lips to mine.

-- • END of Chap twenty • --