Chapter 23 - Cooking Up A Storm

Hey there ma lil' Rom-Cubs,

*clears throat*

So how are you guys?

Are you loving BTC so far?

*whistle of the wind*

*blinking owl*

*ball of hair rolling across the dirt road*

*silence of the lambs*

Don't all rush at once. Hehehe. :P

Anyway, please show me some love by checking out these books:

-The Ballerina & The Bachelor
-Letters To The Stranger
-The Kindle
-The Underlying - A His & Her Story
-Taming His Stallion
-Fame Express
-More Than Meets The Eye
-Beauty

You don't have to check them out all at once but please keep them in mind. Please and thank you.

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

Enjoy. :P ;)

- Ang

-------------

••REILLY's POV•

I didn't say much on the drive home. Charlie had turned on the radio earlier to distort the silence and lighten the mood. Old 80's music played on the frequency in the background but the scene was gloomy nonetheless. I didn't want to say anything because I knew that Charlie was only trying to help.

An influx of residual memories kept me a bit uneasy despite all the effort I put into shaking the feeling that this was just a momentary interlude before something happened to me. I could help but feel dirty ... filthy ... violated even though nothing really happened.  

It was my first day back and this had happened? Did my father know this would happen? Did he know that the lunatic would be so barbaric and calloused towards me? Not that it would make what either of them did any better.

At this point, I was struggling - doing my very best - to hold in the downpour that threatened. It's a wonder that I survived as long as I did with all this hate around me and people wondered why I kept to myself. It had become the norm for me to take care of myself.

The dark clouds hovering outside matched my mood shade for shade. Besides the subtle sound of the gear shifting and the hum of the engine, there was nothing to deter me from the sleepiness that overwhelmed me and enough, I lulled off to sleep. 

My eyes shot wide at the nerve-wracking crackle of thunder followed closely by the flash of lighting. Charlie opened the door before the chilled air occupied the vehicle. The realization hit as I scanned the surrounding area. We were back at Red Ranch. 

Almost immediately, a nostalgic feeling overwhelmed as I wondered where Gerard had gone to, wishing that he were here with me. There was a storm brewing off in the distance and my anxiety was pitched to new heights being brought to conscious-awareness at every rumbling of thunder. I worried for his safety knowing that a heavy rain was due west. 

"Where's Gerard?" I asked as Charlie proceeded to cover me with his red jacket taking my satchel in his hand after I stepped out of the truck .

"I don't know," Charlie studied me for a second. "He'll be home soon I suppose."