Chapter 34 - Everything

Hey Rom-Cubs,

How has this story been so far?

Here's the thirty-forth installation.

Stay Beautiful!

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

ENJOY! XD

- Ang

----------

GERARD's POV

"So you like playing games with women Gerard Grant?" Reilly inquired sporting anger. Lord knows how I wanted to kiss her senseless for it. No woman could've looked sexier in my eyes even if they wore the most scandulous outfit.

Her question had caught me off guard. All at once guilt flooded him. My blood boiled as the reality hit me, if I hadn't been so damn stubborn to follow my father's suggestion sooner Reilly wouldn't have gone out with my mother. She wouldn't have been kidnapped or gone through Lord knows how much trauma and above all I wouldn't have dived to save her from getting shot causing that concoction that was responsible for her lose of memory. When it comes down to it, this was all my fault.

I felt my jaw clench at the thought. Had things gone differently, I could've been the luckiest man alive but now I had to settle for the dumbest. Now I had to make things clear to Reilly who was unaware of the close bond we share and her feelings towards me. It was self-destructive and damning to say the least.

How did I explain to my girlfriend who wasn't conscious of our love or any bond of ours for that matter, who battled a lot of demons in her past and took a great deal of time to get comfortable with the idea of me, that I had done the stupidest thing yet? How did I tell her that I made a bet involving her?

I looked up to see her studying me closely with concern etched in her enchanting eyes as my internal debate continued.

"Reilly, let me be honest. I'm probably the biggest - correction definitely the biggest - a$$ you'll ever meet." Her eyes widened in shock. "You don't know this but a few months ago, before we met there was this bet. And I being a cocky bastard so consumed with myself joined this bet. It was a game and everyone knew how easily I could get any woman I wanted. Anyway, the target of this bet was you ... to get you go out with me."

She looked pissed be now ... highly eruptive. "What?!!! I don't know you."

"You didn't ... but that would soon change. You see I've never backed out of a bet before. Especially, not when it involved the most beautiful woman in town." She looked at me incredulously.

"Haha very funny but you must have me mistaken with someone else." Reilly brushed it off, rolling her eyes at me.

I chuckled as she looked away drawing her attention once again. She still didn't get it. Reilly still didn't get how beautiful she was.

"Ah ... but you are Reilly. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen ... and the spunkiest I've ever had the privilege of getting to know better."

"What does that mean?" She crumpled back in fear against the hospital bed.

"It means that I was in for a very rude awakening." I paused daring her to look into my eyes and she complied. "You tossed Iced Tea in my face."

"No ... I couldn't do that to anyone!" Reilly said in shock.

"Probably - no definitely because I deserved it and it threw me off balance. I was frustrated among other things. I had never gotten that reaction before ... that is until you." I felt my stomach knot as I built up to my anxiety to the direction I was headed.

Reilly chuckled surprising me to say the least. It was the first time I'd heard her laugh since the entire incident and it was only pleasing to my ears. Just when I was adjusting to the idea of my girlfriend forgetting me entirely, it was like we were back home again cuddling and chatting. Gosh, I miss her!

Unknowingly, I reached out guiding a lock of her dark coily hair that had strayed from the bunch back into place my hand resting it at the nape of her neck before drawing her closer to me until our lips met. My lips moved demanding friction while hers was frozen in place. My tongue danced over her lips pleading for her to open her sweet mouth causing her to gasp in surprise allowing me the access I needed. Slowly, she relaxed allowing me to dominate the kiss. My freehand circled around her waist drawing her closer to my chest.

I missed her unique smell. The one I'd grown familiar with in the night when I held her in my arms. I miss her telling me that I am arrogant, the residue of a mischievous twinkle in her eyes whenever she'd said it. I missed everything about her. Her cool hands snaked up my back to my nape sending shivers throughout me.

Her hands pressed against my chest pushing against me until she broke the kiss. I stared down into her darkened eyes noting the hint of lust. We both labored for breathe.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Reilly bellowed once she'd gathered her wits.

Her lips were swollen from my kisses making her appear more desirable in that moment. Down boy!

Damn! What was wrong with me?

"I'm sorry! It's not often that I lose myself in the presence of beautiful woman." I couldn't be sure but I could've sworn I caught a blush on her face before she subsequently hid it.

Good. You blush baby. I starting think as bad as this may sound considering the circumstance that this could be another chance at Reilly and me. Though it would be hard we got the chance to fall in love all over again this time from pure unadulterated interest on my part.

"I'm going to get some shot-eye." She replied and got the drift of what she was inferring.

"See you later Beautiful." Though her words made my heart sink, I knew she was right. We should both get some rest to conserve our energy and heal at a faster rate.

I spun on my heal making for the door when I heard Reilly scream. I turned in a heartbeat marching to where I'd stood prior.

"What is it? Rey are you ok?" I queried searching for any sign of harm.

"No I'm scarred for life. I just saw your a$$. Would you mind closing the curtains?" Reilly shielded her face but I could hear her smile beneath it.

Baby, soon your fingernails will be digging into this very same - I interrupted my chain of thought chuckling at this scenario. She is so cute.

"See something you like Beautiful?" I finally asked.

"Dream on Cowboy," She replied and for a second my hope increased exponentially only to remember that I had dunned my hat earlier on. Damn! Come back to me baby. Damn!

--• END of Chapter Thirty-four •--