Chapter 26 - Advice

Hey Rom-Cubs,

It feels like I haven't written for centuries and left to be Dracula. Just kidding about the Dracula part but it really feels like a long time ... but I confess it's not what you think.

Recently, I stumbled upon an awesome book and I bet you guys and gals know what it feels like when you can't put a book down don't you. Just to be clear I haven't been neglecting you I was just sucked into the world on Folashade and Vincent of I'm Falling for a Royal Prince by LeanGoddess. I honestly think you should check it out and you won't be sorry you did. I think it's that good.

I can't possibly count how many times I wrote and re-wrote this chap. It was pure torture.

On another note, because of you Rom-Cubs this story is currently ranked #11 in General Fiction. I had no idea you like it so much.

If you lovelies could do me a favor I would be very grateful. Please vote for BEWARE The Cowboy to be in the Wattys2015.

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

ENJOY!!!

I AM A GUMMY BEAR!!!

Hahaha

Go follow on me on Instagram: written_in_the_heart

- Ang

--------

•GERARD's POV••

My mother and father grew fond of Reilly with each passing day. I couldn't fathom why. Well ... I could. There was something about Reilly that couldn't be found in any of the women I've had relations with. For one, it was clear that she genuinely cared about my family. I greatly appreciated that and I felt overwhelming guilt at what I had done. The bet I made the second I told her about it I knew she would despise me and I didn't want that.

For the past few days, I've been practicing how I should approach my situation. What do I say to her? There was no easy way to say, 'babe me and the guys made a bet on you' but I would have to try.

Even the guys had taken a genuine liking to her. They were respective of her and also very protective of her especially where I was concerned. She had the kind of sweet personality that made everyone want to protect her. I could say as much because if anyone so much as think about malice towards her I wanted to beat them to a pulp.

Sure, my mother raised a gentleman despite what others may think and I've treated women with as much respect as was warranted but with Reilly it was different. I was a slave to her honey eyes and her amazing smile so much so that I wanted to be the main reason she smiled.

We came to the stables on her request, now we both groomed each and every breed as a team. She couldn't contain her excitement and I thought it was the cutest thing in the world and not to mention, here was a woman overwhelmed by hurt, ready to share love to nearly every thing in her path. I think that is why I'm in danger of falling in love with her.

"Correct me if I'm wrong. After exercising and grooming, they are to be fed and brought back to their individual stalls?" Reilly asked in pure unbridled excitement as she held the reins of the foal that stood within the stall before us.

"Precisely," I chuckled at her obvious fascination with the workings of every detail on the ranch.

"What's her name?" Her honey eyes settled on mine in glee before she broke eye contact continuing to pet the side of its nose.

"His name is First-Kiss. Adela named him ... It's hers." I watched as she broke into an infectious laugh almost doubling over springing tears in her beautiful eyes. A tear left her eyes and I immediately reached for it causing her to blush and look away.

"Your sisters are the cutest." Reilly said after regaining her composure. "Assuming each of you Grants have a horse what is Avril's called?"

"We all have one of our own. Avril's is called Calamary. She loves squid."

"I bet they'll be sought after for a long time. Just you wait Mr. Grant. You're going to need a licensed firearm for the amount of suitors your sisters will have." Reilly shook her head chuckling.

"Don't worry Reilly we already have one but not particularly for that reason." My father pronounced emerging from behind us. He stared at me straight in the eyes as though he knew something I didn't and also with a flicker of anger.

Many say I am the splitting image of my father but I didn't see it or understand what they saw till now.

My father stood six foot four with a menacing build, twice the height and width of my mother, his wife and needn't say a word to invoke fear. The difference was that I liked to have a grand time while he was more reserved. Those in his generation said that my mother tamed him. That he didn't have a hope in the world where she was concerned.

"Son can I have a word?" He asked. I kissed Reilly on the cheek as my mother stepped in the stables before vacating housing. My father and I walked some distance away in silence before he paused to look me in the eye. He did not say a word but I unintentionally began to avoid his gaze though I tried my utmost best to play it off.

He said nothing for a few minutes but leaned against my truck. "Son, what have you done?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked genuinely puzzled as to what he was referring to.

"The bet son. What would possess you to do such a thing?" I immediately met his gaze and saw the disappointment within them.

"How did-"

"-Colton's new car but that is beside the point. What could be so bad that it had to come to this?"

Guilt was an understatement. If my father knew then I could bet that my mother did also and there was no doubt that they both would be disappointed in me.

As I said, my parents raised me to be respectful so under no circumstances would they be proud of what I did. I don't know what it was. I think I was just so angry that she seemed completely unphased by me while I couldn't stop thinking about her.

"I don't know."

"Son, 'I don't know' isn't good enough. Reilly is the best thing that ever happened to you. I could see it in the way you look at her. I can see it in your eyes son. Now you better do something about this before you lose her." Was I that easy to read? What are you talking about, that man doesn't know what he's talking about! That man is your father and you know he's right.

Just then my phone rang sticking the proverbial pin in our conversation. It was Maleek.

"Gerard remember dinner don't forget to bring Reilly OK? I know she can use a distraction right now." He didn't wait.

"Thanks man." I really appreciated that.

"Yeah ... yeah ... thank me later." Maleek chuckled before I heard yelping in the background. "Man got to go. Duty calls."

The call ended and I looked up to see my father staring me with his arms folded across his chest. "Do something before you regret it," He said simply.

Over his shoulder I saw Reilly and my mother taking the foal out for a walk while sharing a conversation. My mother laughed at something Reilly said and she blushed in return. My father was right. I had to say something before it was too late.

- - • END of Chapter Twenty - six • - -