Chapter 32 - Blankly

Hey Rom-Cubs,

We are almost to the end of BOOK I : BEWARE The Cowboy of the BEWARE Series. Yes, that means that you will be seeing a lot more of Ger and Reilly. Their story isn't over yet.

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

ENJOY! XD

- Ang

--------

GERARD's POV ••

Reilly fell unconscious beside me even as I pleaded with her not to close her eyes. However, despite my pleas, her eyes gradually shut sending my heart into a tempo. At the lost of eye contact, I became unstable as Jonah pulled into accident and emergency of the hospital. Oh God, I can't lose her.

Upon pulling up to the doors of the unit, two patients escorts emerged ready to assist. Jonah helped the woman put Reilly on the gurney while the man assisted me on to mine. I could have cared less about the state I was in now. Reilly's wellbeing was what mattered most at the moment.

The escorts pushed us one after the other along the hall while Jonah explained what happened in relevance to the wound Reilly and I had simultaneously obtained. Reilly's strong she'll be ok.

I was frantic with worry for her so much so that I didn't want to let her out of my sight. The scrubs came out of nowhere obscuring my view of Reilly. When they became scarce my baby was gone. They scrubs pushed me along the halls into the operating room all while I questioned where Reilly had been taken.

The room was dark except for the bright lights that sat stationary above the operating table. It smelt heavily of sterilizing agent. In unison, the scrubs hoisted me off the gurney into the cool operating table just before the attending doctor pulled on his gloves.

The last thing I heard as the doctor put the oxygen mask upon my face were numbers counting backwards from one hundred. The last number that entered my consciousness was eighty-two. That was before everything went dark.

My sights were met with the off white walls of the room on the ward. Also, a blonde taking notes and monitoring my vitals. She smiled down at me and I returned a stiff smile.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Grant, how are we feeling?" She paused waiting for my response.

"Parched," I replied simply.

"Oh, I'll get you a glass of water. Anything else?" She beamed, the nameplate glistening against the light causing me to glance the other way in agitation.

"Yes. Where's my ... my wife, the honey-eyed gal who sustained a bullet wound?" I eyed her.

"Ah ... Um ... Ms. Reilly-" She confirmed.

"-Yes, where is she?" I asked again becoming annoyed quickly. I needed to know that she was okay.