Chapter 25 - ¿Novia?

Hey Rom-Cubs,

Checking in to give you guys another update.

I have an important question to ask you. I entered the Wattys2015. Do you think this book stands a chance?

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

Here's the twenty-fifth installment.

ENJOY with a bowl of cereal or at a romance candlelit dinner. Yes I think guys can read this book to what do you think?

Love and kisses my little petals.

- Ang

----------

••REILLY's POV

Light graced the room as the wind calmly blew in the thin curtains in stark contrast to the cold treacherous wind that had whipped violently as a result of the stormy night before. The atmosphere seemed more friendly ... more settled. I carefully scrutinized the being before my eyes.

He was asleep beside me. His dark hair disheveled and messy yet still adding to his charisma. His chin was peppered with a day's worth of stubble. His jawline was square and strong like the work of a brilliant sculptor's hand. The lids that concealed the most enchanting olive eyes I'd ever seen flickered as he inhaled and exhaled deeply in a steady movement. I was quite transfixed by his natural rugged beauty that I didn't realized he was well aware of the same.

His eyelids blinked open drinking up the sight of me. His olive eyes held a mischievous glint as they pinned mine before his lips spread into his signature grin.

"You know it's not polite to stare." He groaned his voice still hoarse from sleep and the ridiculously cold night before. He closed his eyes inhaling deeply as he did.

"Oh really? So what was that stuck up arrogant guy doing at Ruby's that day? It didn't seem to stop him." I climbed unto his back straddling his waist before I lightly grazed the hair at his nape lowering my body and hovering to whisper in his ear.

"As I recall, that sass-mouthing waitress couldn't keep her eyes off me for a full minute." Gerard rebutted.

"Don't flatter yourself cowboy." I traced his exposed back delicately with my fingertips moving them over his solid muscular form. "My job is to make sure everyone is cared for."

"Is that so?" I felt his words vibrate up before he abrupt rolled us over flatting me on my back. He held the back of my thighs in place before he abruptly spun amidst them to face me.

"Oh spare me you babble Mr. Dramatic." I said rolling my eyes turning away from him as he hovered.

He placed a ticklish kiss on my neck chuckling as did I. Just then there was a knocked at his door cause us to seize all sound related actions i.e. our laughter and innocent play.

"Gerardi," came a sweet voice. "Sweetheart are you in there?"

The voice was muffled as it reached my ear. It sounded feminine laced with a thick lively Latin twang.

"Mother," Gerard whisper-spoke under his breathe. He pecked my lips before going to the door to attend to his mother, cracking it slightly.

I had not seen his mother before since Gerard said that his parents were away from the ranch on business. It dawned on me that they may not like the idea of a strange woman drinking their milk and eating their cereal without so much as their blessing.

As he stood there talking to his mother, I could faintly hear the conversation though I tried not too.

"Your brothers told me you fighting again? I thought we had a deal son?" The words were few but I could tell that they had a solid bond. Like what I had with my mother. Tears immediately began to form in my eyes at the memory.

"Those snitches aye," Gerard growled his response.

"Your mami didn't make any snitches hijo! Watch your mouth when you talk about your family." Her tone was calm but even I could tell she was deadly serious. "Now why fight?"

Her words were thick and hung in the air as Gerard remained quite. He said nothing for a while.

"Billy Turner ... that idiot ... threatened my girl." Gerard took his time stress on every word. I noticed that his shoulders rose and fell in an odd pace before I realized that he was angry.

Before I knew what was happening he stepped aside opening the door exposing me to his mother. Her eyes opened wide as did my own, neither of us saying a word.

Gerard's mother was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen after my mother. Her eyes were olive like Gerard's. They also shared the same nose and cheekbones. Her tan was mild compared to his. Nevermind that his mother was two full head lengths shorter than her eldest son, which I thought was adorable, she made up for it in curves. There was no doubt that she was the twins mother because I saw many identical or similar qualities they shared.

"¿Novia?" She asked in native tongue.

Gerard nodded in confirmation before he glanced at me his eyes raking heatedly over my form despite his mother's entrance into his room. She sat on the bed beside me openingly studying me. At the moment, I felt as like I was under a microscope though I was only in review under their intense gaze.

"¡Bonita!" I sat there wondering what she'd said but when I turned to Gerard he only nodded in response. "Muy ... muy bonita."

"Ma, this is Reilly." He said, winning her attention. "Reilly, this is my mother, Aidan."

I put out my hand to shake her only to be squeezed into a tight hug. Gerard chuckled as he closed the door returning to his bed to sit with his mother and me.

"Hija. Bebita." She said while still holding me in her embrace. I looked over Aidan's shoulder at Gerard who said nothing. In his eyes were something that I couldn't place. His mother released me cueing her beautiful smile.

- - • END of Chap Twenty-five - -