[1] Jealousy

A/n: This is for people who don't know what WoF is. Its mainly for my friend, but whatever. Skip to when you see this sign: [*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*] to read the chapter and skip this.

Wings Of Fire is basically a series by Tui. T Sutherland about five dragonets (aka young dragons) who are supposed to fufil a prophecy. There are currently eight books, five about the dragonets, and three called "winglets". There is a cover for the ninth book on the wiki, but there are eight books in print. Here is the prophecy:

The Dragonet Prophecy

When the war has lasted twenty years...
the dragonets will come
When the land is soaked with blood and tears...
the dragonets will come

Find the SeaWing egg od deepest blue.
Wings of night shall come to you
The largest egg of mountain high
will give you the wings of sky
For wings of earth, search through the mud
for an egg the colour of dragon blood.
And hidden alone from the rival queens,
the SandWing egg awaits unseen

Of three queens who blister and blaze and burn,
two shall die and one shall learn
if she bows to a fate that js stronger and higher,
she'll have the power of wings of fire.

Five eggs to hatch on the brightest night,
five dragons born to end the fight.
Darkness will rise to bring the light.
The dragonets are coming...
(Taken from the book)

This is a bit complicated, but you can learn as we go on. Here are some pointers:

There are seven breed of dragons:  IceWings, ruled by Queen Glacier, MudWings, ruled by Queen Moorhen, SkyWings, ruled by Queen Scarlet/ Ruby, SeaWings, ruled by Queen Coral, SandWings, ruled by Queen Thorn, RainWings and NightWings, ruled by Queen Glory (I think. I haven't read past book 5. I also haven't read book 1)

The  dragonets of the prophecy are:  Glory, a RainWing (the queen), Clay, a MudWing, Sunny, a SandWing, Starflight, a NightWing and Tsunami, a SeaWing. (There was supposed to be a skywing, but he/she died)

That's all for now, if you want to find out more, you can PM me, althought I won't be much help tbh, or a better solution: read the books or the WoF wiki. Hope this helped. (Friend, you know who you areeeeeee)

[*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*] [*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*] [*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*]

It was a rather quiet night on the planet of Sutherland (yes, I'm using Tui T. Sutherland's name here). Normally in Space, there would be asteroids flying around and guard SpaceWings on duty, but tonight, it was serene. That is, apart from one thing.

A brass dragonet was flying silently to the royal hatchery, smiling deviously to herself. I will have my cake and eat it, Raven thought. Once she reached the hatchery, she spotted two silver guards who were snoozing on the job. Mother won't be pleased with this, she smirked. As quietly as she could, the shining brass dragonet slipped into the hatchery, pass the sleeping guard dragons. Their snores rang out loud and clear, shielding any sound coming from inside the hatchery.

Using her nightvision, Raven scanned the warm room for an egg with the Yin Yang pattern on it. Albeit it was a little hard to find, her sharp eyes spotted the black-and-white egg. As quiet as a ghost, Raven glided past the guards and continued in the direction of the battle fortress.

The fortress was a deep maroon, thus blending in well the the rocky earth that surrounded it. Raven had a little difficulty with getting in, for these guards were not as lazy as the earlier ones, no, they were on-point and had laser focus. Too bad for Raven, for luck was not on her side this time. An emerald green SpaceWing guard rounded a corner and spotted Raven sneaking around suspiciously. In the nick of time, she hid the egg.

"What are you doing here?" The guard asked. With her quick brain, Raven thought of an excuse.

"I'm doing a job for my mother," she replied hastily.

"At this hour?" The guard grew a little more suspicious. "And what job has she assigned you with that needs you to come in the battle fortress?"

"I wanted to complete the task as fast as I could," she explained, shifting around. "And, uh, I can't tell you what it is because... Because it is very secret." Raven tried to avoid eye contact with the guard.

"Hmm, alright then. Where are you going to?" He questioned. It was lucky for Raven that her mother was the Queen's best friend and right-hand dragon, so guards trusted her more than mundane dragons.

"The canon room," Raven said. The green dragon nodded, and let her pass. Raven blew out a great waft of relief as she continued to make her way towards the canon room. After clambering up a few flights of steps, she reached a bricked room with the doors wide open.

Inside, it was dark. The room was built so the light from the star that passed them would light it up. But now, that the star, also known as the Blazer, was passing the other side of Sutherland, it was as dark as a black hole. Raven took a bowl of ash (idk if this is flammable but lets just go with the flow) and spat a small flame in it, causing a fire to burn. (I know that with zero oxygen fires can't burn, but then how do you explain the sun an and stars?)

This little inferno illuminated the room with a soft amber glow. Not much, but still something. And this something allowed Raven to see better in the canon room. She placed the egg on a crack in the uneven brick floor, making it stay in place. Then, using her claws, she shifted a canon to a hole carved out in the brickwork. Raven took the egg and fitted it into the canon with her agile claws, then took e bowl of flaming ashes and brought it to the ignite, and lit it up. Then she just smirked deviously and waited patiently for the canon to go boom! and blow the egg out into the vast emptiness of Space.

Now, you may be wondering why Raven is doing this act in the first place, and who the egg belongs to. Raven is the first daughter to Marsh, her father, and Fury, Queen Sulfur's best friend hand right-hand dragon. As a young dragonet, Raven was given all the attention and had gotten everything she wanted. The trouble started when Fury's second daughter was born. Cavern was a bright and cheerful little dragonet, having absolutely no troubles and having positive outlook on everything. (Kinda like Sunny).

Raven could not do anything to Cavern, for her little sister was always by Fury's side. Raven was very jealous, for all the attention went to Cavern -- even Queen Sulfur's.

So when Fury and Marsh's third egg was out, Raven had put her claw down and had set her mind on taking away the dragonet's fate of being born at all. And it had led to this -- using a canon to shoot the egg out to Space. And no one knew. No one at all. Except, maybe for on particular dragon, who had been spying on Raven the entire time. Do you want to know who it was?

The green guard.