[9] Dream or Vision?

Ever since that day of Whisper's appearance, Sunny has let him stay in their little cave. He acted just like if he and Sunny's dragonet was Euphemia - like a father.

It seemed odd at first, but the two got used to seeing each other everyday and snuggling close when it rained and when the three slept. Sunny got so comfortable that she actually liked it.

A few moons had passed, and now Euphemia was one. Sunny wondered whether it was time to go back to her friends in the rainforest. Hopefully they didn't get a replacement for her.

Sunny also thought about Whisper's safety. It really wasn't safe for him to go there, since he had the dreamvisitor on his ear.

Sunny had only used it once, when he was sleeping, to visit Starflight's dream. It didn't go down so well, but he got the message loud and clear.

~~dramatic flash to when Sunny visited Starflight in this dream~~

Yes! I'm in! Sunny grinned in an accomplished sort of way, as she entered Starflight's dream. Sunny watched it unfold.

Starflight was there with Sunny (third person) and they were looking after two beautiful young dragonets who looked about two years old. Then, a male SandWing came up to Sunny and used his tail to forcefully jab it at Starflight, the poisonous tip almost touching his nose. Starflight hurried off.

Then, Sunny saw another scene, part of the same dream - or was it a dream?. Starflight was standing at the edge of a cliff, some stray tears streaming down his scaley face.

"It isn't worth to live anymore." Sunny could hear him whisper under his breath. "She hates me. So does Whisper. Everyone hates me. I haven't a good reason to keep going." And with that, the heartbroken dragon let himself drop off the cliff, his body limp and racked with raw tears.

Sunny could feel herself tearing up a little as the dream continued to show Starflight falling down to his miserable death. Then, Sunny realised something. This dream was something like what she had once seen: a black NightWing dragonet calling Starflight "daddy". It hit her like a bolt of lightning - Starflight just had a vision, which meant he was born under the moonlight! The moonlight must've creeped into the cave when he hatched, because the Talons of Peace sure didn't give him any.

But that also meant another thing - that is was going to happen. Before Sunny could wake up from this trance, she appeared in front of Starflight, in the library.

"Sunny, watch it. I've spent countless hours sorting all these scrolls," Starflight warned the SandWing, who nodded.

"I've got something to tell you," Sunny said. She felt a surge of urgency pulse up her bloodstream and into her brain, causing her to be more jumpy than usual.

"I'm listening," Starflight closed his wings and looked at her.

"I-I'm only here because of a dragon called Whisper, and he lent me his dreamvisitor for the night. I need to tell you that he's the dragon who stole Tsunami's dreamvisitor." Sunny paused to catch her breath, then continued, "I-I want to see you again. But, there's also a dragonet I want you to meet." Starflight cut her off before she could speak again.

"You had an EGG? With who? When? When?" It looked a little funny when Starflight was so frantic, but Sunny answered all his questions.

"No , I didn't have an egg with any dragon. I found her in a bonfire in the Sand Kingdom a few moons ago."

"And so that's why you didn't come back to see us?" Starflight questioned, this time his voice holding a little bit of anger. Although he wasn't angry, just frustrated.

"Well, I was scared you'd be angry with me for finding a dragonet," she admitted sheepishly, looking at the wooden floor of the library. "I'm so, so sorry."

Instead of being angry, Starflight smiled in an understanding sort of way and nodded.

"Alright," he said, relived. "But promise me you'll come visit soon?"

"I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die," she made a slicing motion with her talon over her chest where her beating heart was. Her was glad that she got to see Starflight again.

"Oh, how are the others?" Sunny asked.

"Great, except for the fact that they're all frantically searching all over Pyrrhia for you. They've checked the Rainforest, the Sand Kingdom, the Ice Kingdom, where I nearly froze my wings off, and the Mud Kingdom. We were planning on going to the SeaWing and SkyWing palaces, but I guess we don't need to now," Starflight grinned at Sunny. I didn't know that they'd do that for me, Sunny smiled to herself.

"Can you come here every night and tell me stuff? Its been really boring here without you. Clay had been in the mid for two days straight and were worries he might crack his scales or something," Starflight said, a hint of hope in his tone.

"I'll try," Sunny smiled back at him. Starflight must've woken up, because Sunny did, and she woke up smiling.

A/n: the picture in media is another drawing of Whisper. I would be happy to say that I drew this, but no. I traced over RhynoBullraq's drawing of a SandWing and I'll post his one in my book art in my house.