[16] Secrets must be kept

It was sad for Euphemia and Starflight, for the both of them didn't know that someone was listening. It was tragic to hear Starflight's story, and absolutely heartbreaking. And they'd be mortified to know who it was. Would you like to know?

It was Fatespeaker. It'd be worse still if it was Sunny who had heard it, but just as bad. Fatespeaker had a massive crush on Starflight, and Sunny knew. But Sunny didn't have that same feeling towards Starflight - well, at least she thought so. Fatespeaker was worried, because as much as she wanted to be with Starflight, his happiness fueled her.

So if being with her didn't make him happy, then she had to find another way to do so. But, from what he said, Fatespeaker deduced that Starflight was going to avoid Sunny, in case of his vision coming true. Fatespeaker was anxious, for Starflight wasn't going to be happy.

Not only her, but Sunny too would not be pleased with his sudden change of attitude. And she sure wasn't going to tell Sunny about Starflight's vision. That would just be out of the fire and into the lava.

So, she did the best thing - run away and pretend that nothing happened.

Meanwhile, Euphemia and Starflight began to strut back to the village. A million thoughts raced through his mind - what should he use his mind-reading abilities for? Will it help him win over Sunny? Or will it just anger her more? Furthermore, he knew that one day, she'd hate him. So no one else should know about this skill. Or rather, gift, as he'd put it.

Can I still communicate with you? Starflight asked Euphemia. She nodded.

"If you're in need, call out to me. I won't tell anyone, and I can't, anyway."

Starflight wondered if Sunny had heard him and caused the rattling leaves, and so he decided to ask her later. Just them, the two bumped into Fatespeaker.

"Oh hey! I thought you were with Sunny?" Said Starflight, as the purple NightWing maneuvered beside him.

"Oh, no. I was just stretching my wings a little, having a short flight over the trees and stuff," replied Fatespeaker. She seemed a little doubtful to Starflight, but what could he say? He hadn't seen her. He didn't bother to read her thoughts, but if he did, this is what he'd hear - Oh moons! Luckily he doesn't suspect me. It's so sad that his vision had to happen.

The trio had a serene stroll back to the central part of the village, where Sunny was, talking to RainWings and chatting with her friends. In honor of her returning, Kinkajou had made a little flower crown, the flowers picked by her friend.

As the day passed slowly, like a small dragonet flapping to the middle of the Atlantic ocean, Starflight was worrying about his vision, about Sunny, and about Whisper, and what he'd do if he knew Starflight was reading Sunny's mind. For Starflight suspected that Whisper was protective of Sunny.