[3] Truth Be Told

The blazer finally rose in a beautiful display of orange. Raven had flown back home in a hurry, because she was sure that Fury would be looking for her.

Raven glided silently to Bitterweed mountain, the place where her family lived. It was a short flight from the tower to there, and she entered the cave without waking anydragon up.

Raven creeped through the dark tunnel, reaching her small little room. Inside, she lay on a bed of ash inside a reddish-brown crater. She shifted it around to be more comfortable, and then she curled up and slept.

Speculos gathered up the highest rank of guards and they held a gathering in one room.

"This is outrageous!" one cried, shaking his claw in the Sutherland air. "Why were we summoned here?!"

"Silence!" the head guard called. The audience of dragon guards hastily stifled their muttering complaints and turned their attention to him. He was a regal dragon with metallic sea-green scales, and he was stood on an empty podium.

"Listen," he continued, in a quieter voice. "Speculos here has seen an act that is punishable by banishment," Speculos made an effort to smile, and stood beside the head dragon, Triton.

"Recall what you saw," Triton said, looking down at Speculos.

"Well," he started, placing a talon on his rough scaly chin. "Raven came-" a wave of gasps and "Why?"s spread through the listening dragons "-and told me she needed to do a task for her mother. She was acting a little suspicious and shifty so I suspected somethig was off." The guards craned their necks to hear Speculos better.

"Then, as she went to the canon room, I saw something black and white in her claws. The shaped looked like an egg. So I followed her." He paused for a breath. "Then I watched her every move when she was in the canon room. She took the egg and stuffed it into one of the canons and ignite it." Gasps of horror and shock came from the dragons.

"I know it's hard to believe," he added, "but she did something even worse. She framed somedragon." An uproar went around the listening guards as this sank in. Triton perched on the podium, thinking of a way to convey this to Queen Sulfur.

"Alright, enough with the chit-chatting. We have some serious work to do here." Triton growled, over the voices of the dragons. "Cloudtoucher and Scornripper, you two stay. The rest of you are to go back on duty. Go now," Triton announced. The guards scattered like flies and two stayed behind, along with Triton and Speculos.

"Speculos." Triton's voice boomed. An echo bounced off the brick walls.

"Yes?" Speculos replied, his two hearts beating a little faster.

"You have done something wonderful. Queen Sulfur would be horrified, no doubt, but also relieved to know that at least she is aware of this. I will discuss this with her, but meanwhile, count yourself as a head guard, next to me. Cloudtoucher and Scornripper, you two lead him to our level. Let him be comfortable." Triton used a black talon and flicked it towards the exit.

Meanwhile in Space...

An egg that had the Yin Yang pattern on it was speeding so fast that a little flame from the sun had caught it mildly on fire. It was headed straight at Pyrrhia.