[5] The Meet

Speculos began to feel nervous, and he paced around the corridor, not making a great effort to watch out for intruders.

Trtion bounded round the corner, flashing a smile at Speculos.

"Her Majesty has allowed you to be a head guard, beside me," he told him. Speculos smiled and his heart brimmed with eagerness.

"Uh, how high is the blazer now?" Speculos asked, while they were heading to the guard room.

"Almost at it's peak," Triton replied nonchalantly. The reached the guard room, and Cloudtoucher brought out a bowl of red liquid.(It's NOT blood!!)

"Dip your talon inside and then scrape this." Triton brought out an earth block for Speculos to scratch. He did it in a hurry, and then left, as fast as he could, flapping his wings in the direction of the royal tower's courtyard.

He spotted a red shape crawling out onto the courtyard as well, looking around. He made a graceful touchdown and smiled at Camomile.

"Hey," she said to Speculos. "Let's go somewhere private, but near. Mother wants you and I to be there when she announces what Raven did." Camomile used her tail to gesture a 'follow me' sign, and Speculos did.

They flew to a nearby cliff and landed.

"The thing is..." Camomile trailed off. "I- There's this dragon called Khatib, and his family has a gem called a diamond, and Mother is enchanted by it because she's never seen it before." She paused for a breath, then continued, "and this prophet dragon came and said 'A diamond in the midst is a chance you shouldn't miss', and Mother said that the prophet was talking about Khatib, and so I have to marry him." Camomile huffed, a tinge of sadness added.

"And it's not fair," she continued, "for a stupid prophet to say 'Oh if the dragon has a diamond then he must marry you', and I really hate this Khatib dragon." She cried softly, and Speculos tented his wings over her.

"A-and if I don't marry him," she stammered, a tear falling from her yellow eyes. "He swore he'd kill me. And I don't want to die!" She whimpered, nuzzling into Speculos' muscular body. "I want to fly away to Mars or something, I don't want to see that moonbrain devil again!" Camomile hissed, clawing the grounds with her talons.

"I understand," Speculos spoke up, resting his scaley chin upon her head. "I-I'll try to do something."

"Okay, please do," she replied softly, unfurling from her curled up position under Speculos' wings. "Because I want to marry you." Camomile spread out her wings.

"We have to go now," she announced, slightly sad. "Mother will get mad if we miss the thing. She gets mad if anyone misses anythig important."

The two dragons flew off, back to the Queen's tower.