[8] The SandWing

One week slipped pass like seaweed in your talons. Euphemia was a bright and cheerful dragonet, learning things faster than Sunny had initially expected and having the skill of a pro.

Sunny treated Euphemia like her own dragonet, but it was hard to support two on your own.

The Sea Kingdom was a pretty place, albeit because of the Summer Palace burning down, it always looked half-finished.

Euphemia looked out of the cave and saw Sunny swooping down to the sea to collect more fish, even though it was hard for a SandWing to accomplish this kind of feat.

Sunny had learnt many new things about Euphemia, such as she couldn't swim, had a type of fire that changed colour depending on the surroundings and didn't need wings to fly. Well, "fly". Euphemia could float. Which wasn't a surprise for SpaceWings, but it was as rare as being eaten up by a black hole, or at least that's what they compare it to.

Just as Sunny came back with a mouthful of slimy fish, a large, sandy yellow SandWing came swooping into the cave, and Euphemia just rolled out in time.

“What the- who are you?” Sunny dropped the fish and shielded Euphemia from the male SandWing.

“I'm Whisper,” he replied softly. “Shh…” It seemed ludicrous as of him whispering and his name being Whisper, but before Sunny could say anything, loud flapping of wings could be heard outside the cave. Sunny pressed herself against the cave wall, not wanting to be seen.

“He's not here chief!” a voice cried.

“I saw him!” another, firmer, voice protested.

“But chief! We've been on the chase for three hours and now he's gone! Can't we rest out wings a little?” the same voice argued.

“Fine! But only for a little while. Queen Glory won't be pleased.” The firm voice stated. “But if we lose him for good, you will personally bear the consequences!”

Glory! Sunny thought excitedly, her heart pulsating a little faster. “They're working for Glory!” Sunny accidentally exclaimed.

“Yeah. You know her?” Whisper asked, eyeing her wearily.

“She's my f-” Sunny contemplated whether to tell him the truth, or lie. She decided to lie. It felt like the most safe idea.“She's an acquaintance,” she said, getting off her stiff position on the wall.

“She's searching for me because I've apparently ‘stolen’ something that's actually mine. It's called a dreamvisitor, and I got it from a blue dragon that's in the rainforest.” He finished his sentence with a smirk. “That squid-brained SeaWing didn't know what hit her!”

Her? SeaWing? Sunny thought. Tsunami! I have to get it back! But how? I guess I have to make an alliance with him.

“Oh, that's nice. Where is it?” She asked, trying to sound inconspicuous.

“Here,” he smirked, turning his head majestically. A dark blue gem hung from his ear by a golden hoop. It actually looked good on him, with his dusty yellow scales and all.

Sunny gasped, and tried not to act so wowed by that. It really did look good on him, honestly.

Sunny knew it was for the best. For the good of his friends. No stranger could just come along and steal Tsunami's - or any dragon's - things.

She had to find a way to get it off him. But first, she had to tell Glor- Wait! Didn't Whisper say that the dreamvisitor was his?

"Uh, how is the dreamvisitor yours?" Sunny asked. She placed Euphemia down on the cave ground and Euphemia started floating, bobbling like a dead fish floating on water.

"I made it," he announced proudly. "With animus magic."

A/n: DUN DUN DUNNN...

(There should be a picture in media. PLSPZ WORK. If you can't see, the writing in the bottom corner says  "Euphemia's egg in the desert." You can check out My Drawings by me too see some more WoF drawings.)