f o u r

The school day finally came to an end and this day was pretty boring. I didn't really make any friends, but I still had one thing to look forward too.
Football.

I rushed to my locker to grab my Nike duffle bag with all my football gear and rushed over to the gymnasium. I had so much excitement running through my body I couldn't contain it.

Ethan's POV
I met up with my twin brother grayson at the end of the day.
"I can't believe it's another football season already. Is the star quarterback ready?" Grayson laughed while nudging me. "Yeah man I wanna take us all the way to the championship this year." I replied. "You will." Grayson patted me on the back.

On the football team I was always the quarterback and Grayson was usually the running back. He's fast as hell. When we first tried out, it was between him and I for who would be the quarterback and I came out on top for once. Grayson was always more athletic, gets the girl, stuff like that. But he was always genuine so we are really close.

We walked into the gym and all my friends came running over to me.

"Heeey star quarterback what's good?" Grant said.
"Hey man." I smiled.

After talking it seemed like everyone trying out was here so we all walked over to the table to write our name down. The line was really long.

All of a sudden the double doors to the gym swung open, and in came that girl from lunch with a duffle bag.
"Guys look." I said as I pointed to her. "Woah the hottie is here!" Ryan said.
"I hope she's trying out to be our manager!! I'd pick her in a second." Grant added.

Every year, we have about 3 managers that are girls who help run practices, get water, food, medical supplies, plan parties and stuff like that. There were about 15 girls here. They have a separate line but I saw her make her way over to our line.

What the hell?

Alex's POV
As I walked into the gym, I saw 2 huge signs one read 'manager try out sheet' and the other read 'football tryout sheet' so of course I headed over to the football tryout sheet.

I got a lot of weird looks from people. I went to the back of the line.

A tall boy with blondish hair and blue eyes turned around.
"Look sweetie the manager try out line is over there." He pointed as he talked in a childish voice.
"Do I look like I want to be the manager?" I asked.
"Well you sure as hell ain't playing!" He replied.
"And why is that?" I asked.
"You're a girl! Are you dumb or something? Are you smoking weed?" He asked in a duh tone.
By now, everyone had gotten out of line and formed a line around us.
I noticed to boys from lunch too.

"Look you dumbass I came here to play football and you're not stopping me." I said crossing my arms.
"Whatever Barbie! I suggest you go back over to your little girly friends and go paint your nails because you're not wanted here." He said shooing me away. "I guarantee you I know more about football then you do." I said.
"Bullshit." He said moving closer.
I stood on my tippy toes and got right in his face.
"Try me." I whispered.
"Okay hmmm the Giants." He said.
He picked a bad team.
I know everything there is to know about the Giants.

"Quarterback?"

"Eli Manning. What is that a first grade question?" I laughed.

"What number is Cleary?"

"63."

"Who has a signature dance move?"

"Victor Cruz."

"When does he do it?"

"Everytime he scores a touchdown."

"How many times has the Giants won the super bowl?"

"4 times. You want the years too?" I asked.

He gulped.

"1986, 1990, 2007 and 2011. You want you scores too? 1986 Giants beat the Broncos 39 to 20, in 1990 Giants beat the Bills 20 to 19, in 2007 Giants beat the Patriots 17 to 14 and lastly in 2011, the Giants beat the Patriots again 21 to 17. That was a really good game." I smiled.

I looked around as everyone had their mouths open with wide eyes staring at me.
I looked up to the blonde haired boy.

"Will there be anymore questions or have I made my point clear?" I asked.
His mouth was wide open as well as he just shook his head no and gulped.
"Okay then." I smiled.
I walked up to the table since everyone was just staring at me and got out of line.

The gym was pitch quiet and the only thing you heard was my shoes hitting the floor. I signed my name, picked up my bag and walked out of the gym feeling everyone's eyes burning through me.

Ethan's POV
I couldn't believe the things that came out of that girls mouth.
How the fuck did she know all that? I didn't even know all that. And now she wants to play football apparently? Holy fuck am I in for a ride.

~~~~~~~~
Hey guys thanks for reading, please vote & comment what you think
Xoxo kirsten💋

P.S. USA WON THE WOMENS WORLD CUP! IT WAS AN AMAZING GAME AND USA IS THE BEST! Who's your fav player? Mines Alex Morgan she's goals and Hope Solo she's literally a beast. Lmfao k byeee