s i x

It was the next day at school, and it was somewhat going by fast. Probably because I was daydreaming about football through the first 4 classes, but who cares.

I walked into lunch and got in line.
"Hey." I heard from behind me.
I turned around and saw the boy who talked to me yesterday with a bunch of boys behind him that I recognized from the gym.
"Hey." I replied.
He smiled and was about to say something until another kid stepped in. "That wasn't cool what you did in the gym yesterday to Christian." A kid said.
All the other boys nodded there head except the one I talked with yesterday.
"I wasn't trying to be cool. He challenged me so it's not my fault I basically proved I know way more about football then him." I laughed.
"Well if you think you're playing football this year on my team that your nuts." He snarled.
"What's your name kid?" I asked.
"Grant." He replied.
"Well listen here grant. This isn't your team. The coach makes the calls. If the coach doesn't want me playing then I can't, but until he says that, you better watch out." I said crossing my arms. "You're a freakin girl! You can't even punch." He laughed.
I walked up to him.
"I'd drop you right now but I never make the first move. Punch me grant." I said while I waved my hands.
"Come on grant punch me. You can punch my face, my stomach, anywhere. You won't do it." I whispered.
"I can't hit a girl." He replied gulping.
"So just cause I'm a girl, you can't hit me and apparently I can't play football?" I asked.
"Y-yes." He replied.
"Whatever you say. Just know I'll be waiting for you on the field." I waved.

I got my lunch and walked over to Mia.

It was the end of the day, and we had football tryouts. There was 3 days worth of tryouts and today was the first one. I was so excited.

I ran to my locker but dropped everything out of it.
"Shit." I mumbled.
I looked down at my phone and saw I had 5 minutes to get to the gym. I tried to move as fast as I could but I dropped my backpack and everything came flying out of that.

Ethan's POV
I was headed to the gym with grayson when I saw Alex at her locker about 10 feet away.
"Gray im gonna run to the bathroom I'll meet you in there." I said.
"Okay." He replied and walked off.

I ran up to Alex and bent down gathering the stuff she must have dropped.

She gasped.
"Sorry did I scare you?" I asked.
"Yeah, a little." She replied.
She shoved everything in her locker and grabbed her Nike duffle bag.
"So my name is ethan I never told you yesterday." I started off as we walked to the gym.
"Oh um hi ethan." She replied.
"Hey." I laughed.
"So what position are you trying out for?" I asked.
"I wanna be quarterback or running back." She said.
"Oh..." I said quietly.
I was quarterback and grayson was always running back.
"Your friends are real assholes." She admitted.
"There only like that sometimes." I said. She sarcastically laughed.
"You aren't only an asshole sometimes Ethan." She said making a point.
"I guess." I whispered.

We walked into the gym and immediately got called over by my friends.
"See ya." I waved.
She waved and walked over to sit on the gym bleachers alone.

"Dude why the fuck were you with her?" He asked.
"I wasn't." I lied.
"Bullshit." Grant said.
"She said hi and I said get away." I said looking down.
"Okay good." Grant replied.

I felt bad but I can't act like I like her in front of the guys.

A few moments later the coach walked in. "Hello everyone my name is Coach Boone and I'm the football coach for West Morris Central High. I'm looking forward to a great season and I want to take this team to the championship. The only way we can do that is if we become more then a team. We need to be a family. Now today, we have our first part of the tryouts. The first day is physically, second day is written and third day is both put together and when we talk about positions. This Friday is our first home game. By Wednesday you will know who made the team and the starting lineup for Friday's game. Go into the locker room, get changed and meet me out on the field. Let's go boys!" He explained.

I wasn't sure where to go since I was a girl.
I couldn't change in the boys locker room! I decided to walk down to the bathroom and change.

After I was done I walked out to the field. It wasn't even awkward being the only girl. I got a lot of weird looks from boys though.

"Okay I'm going to do roll call when I call your name scream here." He said.
He went down the line and finally got to my name.
"Alex Parker?" He shouted.
"Here!" I screamed.
He was about to call the next name, when he stopped.
He had a very confused look on his face. "Alex Parker?" He called again.
"Right here coach Boone." I called raising my hand.
Everyone moved out of the way as he walked over to me. He gave me a confused look.
"Do you know what this is?" He asked. Everyone was pitch quiet.
"Yes sir. Football tryout sir." I replied. "Yes. You are right." He replied.
I nodded.
He walked back up to the front and handed the clipboard to an assistant coach.
"Finish this." He whispered to him.
Grant looked over at me and smirked, and I flipped him off.

Coach Boone walked back over to me.

"Can you come over here for a minute?" He asked.
I nodded and walked over to the side.
We were far enough away for no one to hear us but everyone was staring.

"Hi sweetie there's a little bit of a problem." He started out.
"I don't see no problem." I replied.
"Well your a girl. The only girl and football is a mans sport." He added.
"Do I look like I'm concerned about it?" I asked.
"Well it's just that football is a contact sport and you can get very injured many people are a lot larger then you." He said. "I'm not worried about that though." I replied.
"Look I think your better off at joining an outside women's football team if they have those or take interest in another sport." He explained.
"Sir I switched schools for this!" I said getting upset.
"I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." He said.
I never get upset.
Never ever never.
But now I did.
I was rejected.
By my passion the thing I loved most. And I was rejected.
Because was was a girl.

"You have a real nice day sir." I squeaked out holding back the tears.

The other boys were stretching now and I angrily walked back over to get my bag.

"HA I KNEW IT! I TOLD YOU BARBIE!" Grant laughed.

All the other boys did as well. I looked over at all of them laughing and tried to hold in the tears.
"It's okay to cry Barbie, you're a girl, all girls cry." Grant added.
Everyone started laughing even harder.
I snatched my bag from the ground not even having enough energy to reply to grants rude comments.

As I walked away, everyone started chanting.
"BYE BARBIE BYE BARBIE BYE BARBIE." And laughing.
I began running out when I noticed the only boy not laughing at all was ethan.

Ethan's POV
I saw Alex's face and I knew she was devastated. All the boys were making fun of her and calling her names. I couldn't laugh. When she walked away everyone kept talking about it. I sighed and went on with the practice but I couldn't get her out of my mind.

~~~~~~~~
Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter, my thumbs are literally numb lmfao. Please vote and comment!
Xoxo kirsten💋