t e n

The next day at practice I quickly changed and walked out to the field. As usual, we had to do the warm up when we get in a group of 4 and pass the ball. Ryan walked over.

"Hey you're gonna be in our group again right?" He asked.
I rolled my eyes.
"I guess." I snarled and walked over to join ethan and grayson.

As we began passing ethan tried to make conversation but I didn't really respond. Then we moved onto stretches.
Ethan made his way next to me.

"So who do you think will be on the starting line up?" Ethan asked.
"Don't know." I said blankly.
"Name one person you think." He replied. "Don't know." I said again looking down. "Hey is something wrong?" He asked.
I just looked up at him and gave him a look.
"Okay something is clearly wrong." He said.
"I just don't know why you have to be such an asshole. You can't just forget what happened yesterday with grant. If you don't want to be my friend then I don't give two shits. I don't appreciate being used. You act so different when it's just me and you and then when your friends are around you are a total asshole." I explained.
"I-im sorry... I was just trying to forget about it." He replied now looking down.

I just shook my head and walked away.

Throughout practice ethan didn't really try talking to me. I also didn't go near him. I didn't want to talk to him while he's being an asshole.

"Okay everyone huddle up, I'm going to be calling names for the people who made the team. When you hear your name being called, come step behind me. If not you are free to leave, better luck next year." Coach Boone explained.

We all walked over.
As I looked around I felt a tap on my shoulder.
I looked to my left to see ethan standing there.

"Can we talk after this?" He asked.
"I don't know maybe. Just shut up right now." I said crossing my arms.
He looked down and we waited for our names to be called.

"Ethan dolan."

Ethan moved up to the coach.
He read a bunch of other names.
"Last 5." He announced.

I stood with about 30 other kids. He called 4 other names. I sucked in my breath and squeezed my hands.

"Alex Parker." Coach Boone said.

I looked up in disbelief. Everyone was staring with their mouths wide open. I hid my smile and ran over to the other side.

"Okay if I didn't call your name you can leave. Thank you for trying out." Coach Boone said.
He turned around to all of us.

"Okay now I'm going to be reading the starting line, these are my top players for this Friday's game." Coach Boone said.

Everyone was looking ahead attentively. I was so scared im pretty sure everyone could see my heart pounding out of my chest.

"Okay the starting line up is...Grayson Dolan, Mason Smith, Daniel Louille, Ryan Karoly, Christian Sawyer, Jack Steele, Ethan Dolan, Aiden Ryder, Hayden Hudson, Matt Dallas, and Alex Parker. Oh and the quarterback is Alex Parker!" Coach Boone announced.

My heart stopped and my smile immediately appeared! I was so happy and relieved and shocked that he would pick me!

"Okay everyone report here tomorrow for practice!" Coach Boone smiled.
Everyone walked away except ethan. I walked over to thank the coach again.

"Congratulations." Ethan replied blankly. "Um thanks.." I said.
He just walked away.
I was confused if he wanted to be my friend or if he was...mad?

I walked over to the locker room and went outside to wait for my mom to come.
Just then grant walked over to me.
"Hey congrats!" He smiled.
"Am I talking to the right person? Are you high right now?" I asked.
"No silly im genuinely happy for you." He replied.
"Well thanks I guess." I replied.
"Come here coach wanted me to sow you the jerseys." Grant said.
"Okay." I replied.

I got up as he brought me around the corner.

"Are we going in here?" I asked pointing the the door a few feet away.
He grabbed my shirt and pushed me up against the wall.
"You thought I was happy for you?! HELL NO! I'm not in the starting line up because of you! Ethan isn't the quarterback because of you! You deserve to die BITCH! You're not even a man you should be ashamed of yourself!go be a cheerleader anything but I will not let you do this to me and my friends!" Grant screamed.

He had my hands pinned down at my sides. Just then I heard the door open just as I felt grants hand slap my face filled with anger. I immediately fell to the floor holding my cheek and a few seconds later, Grant was right next to me on the floor holding his nose.

Just then 2 muscular arms picked me up and placed me on my feet.

"let's go." I heard as my eyes met Ethans.

We began running as grant began screaming.

"I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS! BUT NO, GO BE WITH THAT SLUTTY BITCH!" He screamed still on the floor.

Ethan let go of my wrist and ran back to his wailing him in the face yet again.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DONT EVER SAY THAT TO HER YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" Ethan screamed.

He ran back over to me and grabbed my wrist again.

"Come on." He whispered as we began walking down the sidewalk.

~~~~~~~~
Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and comment!
Xoxo kirsten 💋