Our Ending is Near (AOT Sequel)

This is the sequel to Almost Out of Time :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Chase

            I looked at Aiden, our Pack’s artist. “Is that all you need?” I asked.

            He nodded and my head dropped into my hands. “Axle,” Aiden called. “Do you know any of these men?” he asked.

            Axle took the sketch pad and scanned it slowly with his eyes. “Yes. This man here,” he pointed to a face. “He’s the alpha. His name is Liam. Liam Rockwell.”

            I stood up and walked over to him, looking at the figure. It was the one that was gentle and kind to Nicole. The one she will be mating with. My fists tightened as I looked at the sketch. “Do you know where they are located?” I asked, glancing once at Axle.

            “Yes, it is only about fifty miles from here, very remote and mostly unknown. It’s a small town, even smaller than this one. But it is oh so lovely. It’s probably snowed recently. If she’s in a cement room then we need to get there quickly. If not then she may freeze, even before she is mated.”

            I let out a low, angry growl before charging to my father’s wall and punching it to try and shove out my anger. “Take us there,” I said my eyes darting to each person in the room; Natalie, Lisa, my father, my mother, Hannah, Jonathan, Mack, Aiden, and Axle. “We will fight them for her and I will kill Liam.”

            My father nodded once before walking to Jonathan and Mack. “You two can get the cars. Natalie, Lisa, and Liza can prep anything we will need. Go, now, while I talk to Chase. Axle, Aiden, may I ask you two to step out of the room?”

            Axle nodded knowingly and walked out behind everyone else. Aiden only ducked his head and charged out. My father turned to me after the door shut loudly. “Chase, I need you to keep your head during this. If you don’t Nicole might not make it through. Nicole needs you right now. She needs you, she needs Chase. If you let Kale take over then you might hurt her unintentionally.”

            “I would never hurt her,” I snarled; I could feel my eyes flashing to gold. “I love her.”

            “I know, Chase, but sometimes a werewolf can see only red when his mate is taken. That makes him dangerous to everyone,” my father replied, calmly.

            I blinked, showing him I understood. “Can we go now?”

            He nodded and led me towards the door. He pulled it open and we made our way out the door where everyone was waiting with the two black SUVs. I climbed in the passenger’s seat of the one my father would drive. Axle climbed in the driver’s seat of the front one, with Jonathan beside him. I knew my mother, Lisa, and Mack would be in the back of this one while Natalie and Aiden would be in the other.

            Once we were all in we started driving. I felt like I was going to explode being here in such a closed off space without Nicole. I couldn’t stop moving, not once. I knew it was annoying everyone, the tapping of my foot, but I couldn’t stop. It was too much. I could feel my body drooping from exhaustion, and as much as I tried to fight it I couldn’t. It was eating at me; I could feel my body beginning to shut down. Finally, my head hit the back of the seat and I was out.

            I opened my eyes and saw Nicole. She was sitting on a cliff edge, looking out at the full moon’s brilliant reflection in the dark blue ocean. I walked to her and felt the wind pick up as I did so. I heard her sniffling.